The Student Room Group

How to get into medical school uk

Hi i'm nearly 18 i came in England couple of years back and had to resist my GCSEs as from were i come we don't have similar qualifications.
I was given 1 year to get 5 GCSEs it didn't go as planned and i had failed most of the subjects. The only option was to do applied science Lev 2 to get English and Maths .
I'm looking for a pass in both and probably will end up doing BTEC applied science level 3 in September.

I know it seams quite ridiculous to even ask but is there a way or a chance that i could potentially do Medicine ? With a foundation year or whatever is possible...

I really want to pursue my dream and not become a victim of the circumstances i've found myself in .

Regards
Reply 1
Original post by Todozz
Hi i'm nearly 18 i came in England couple of years back and had to resist my GCSEs as from were i come we don't have similar qualifications.
I was given 1 year to get 5 GCSEs it didn't go as planned and i had failed most of the subjects. The only option was to do applied science Lev 2 to get English and Maths .
I'm looking for a pass in both and probably will end up doing BTEC applied science level 3 in September.

I know it seams quite ridiculous to even ask but is there a way or a chance that i could potentially do Medicine ? With a foundation year or whatever is possible...

I really want to pursue my dream and not become a victim of the circumstances i've found myself in .

Regards

Hi i’d recommend u trying foundation yr courses for med. Usually they have lower requirements and they do take ur circumstances into considerations
Reply 2
Original post by 555ya
Hi i’d recommend u trying foundation yr courses for med. Usually they have lower requirements and they do take ur circumstances into considerations

Hi Thanks for your reply much appreciated
Do you specifically know any Uni that has lower GCSEs requirements and acceptes BTEC qualifications ?
Reply 3
Original post by Todozz
Hi Thanks for your reply much appreciated
Do you specifically know any Uni that has lower GCSEs requirements and acceptes BTEC qualifications ?

for the one i applied to u just need all grade 4/5 and above. For btec i’m not sure but honestly just apply strategically based on ur ucat and predicted grades and ur good
Reply 4
Original post by 555ya
for the one i applied to u just need all grade 4/5 and above. For btec i’m not sure but honestly just apply strategically based on ur ucat and predicted grades and ur good

Gotcha thanks a lot !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending