The Student Room Group

Projects for getting into Uni for CS

Helloooo!

I am currently wishing to apply to St Andrews for CS (2024) and would like to know some ideas for coding projects? Currently I have made a few games with pygame but I would like to expand my variety of projects.

In terms of what I can do Ive done python for a while and have decent knowledge with the "request" module, but dont have any clue for projects relating to APIs

Im also starting to learn Java but have little idea what I can do with it

Thank you - Frog Tesseract
the most common ive seen is booking websites, book something, court, car, meals, accommodation..etc
Reply 2
Original post by HucktheForde
the most common ive seen is booking websites, book something, court, car, meals, accommodation..etc

So I should focus on web based projects rather than Software Dev? I thought it should be SD
Original post by FrogTesseract
So I should focus on web based projects rather than Software Dev? I thought it should be SD

web based projects are SD.

its up to you really. if you want to go for SD maybe build a tic tac toe program or a snake game
Reply 4
Original post by HucktheForde
web based projects are SD.

its up to you really. if you want to go for SD maybe build a tic tac toe program or a snake game

My bad, in Scotland its considered separate (in Highers). Thanks for the ideas I was looking something a bit outside of game dev but thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending