The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

All I remember was-
Lithium-red flame in flame test with dichromate wire loop cleaned in HCl first to remove impurities then to test for carbonate HCl again and the gas was put in limewater, if cloudy it had CO2 present, indicating that it is carbonate
metal for galvanisation = zinc
rust = hydrated iron (III) oxide
copper (II) oxide = blue
water of crystallization x = 10
molar enthalpy change was -3593.3KJ
min chloride mass = 21.6

idk they were all really simple icba to type them out, literally any past paper had millions of the same
Reply 2
I would love a mark scheme
For which exam board is this, as I don't remember anything about lithium red flames :eek:
Reply 4
Original post by Sorite
Can we use this discussion to produce an unofficial mark scheme for the paper we just had today? :smile:

last q on volume gas and limiting raeactant - 60dm3
ar atom economy of metal x-184
5 mark titration calculation 0.236 mol/dm3
One of them was which metal was aluminium and I said C, i think most people I know said C
I got 60000 for the last question and so did my friends, not sure if we all did it wrong lol
Reply 6
(Original post by raindropxox)One of them was which metal was aluminium and I said C, i think most people I know said C
I got 60000 for the last question and so did my friends, not sure if we all did it wrong lol

yh i got c too
but 60,000
how?
cos 100kg/48+16 is 1.25
so 1.25*2 for moles of chlorine is 2.5
2.5* 24dm3 is 60dm3
can u tell me how u did it?
It is 60,000dm3 meant to turn 100kg into grams
Reply 8
Original post by jdnosdfiasdjf
It is 60,000dm3 meant to turn 100kg into grams

not nessecerally
as then 24dm3 would be 24000cm3
this means you would have to convert all of masses/volumes to equivalent units so g and cm3
kg and dm3
sorry if u didnt get it theres always paper 2!
and you should be happy lots of children up and down the country were complaining
it was all maths
Reply 9
Original post by Hartyredsaw
not nessecerally
this means you would have to convert all of masses/volumes to equivalent units so g and cm3
kg and dm3
and you should be happy lots of children up and down the country were complaining
it was all maths

It’s 60000, I thought it was 60 too, but my teacher taught me how to do it, we would still get some marks for it though
Reply 10
Question 1: describe the plum pudding model (2 marks)

A ball of positive mass (1) with negatively charged electrons embedded evenly within it(1)

Question 2: in what order were the subatomic particles discovered (1 mark)

Electrons
Protons
Neutrons
Reply 11
Then one of the next questions was about tellerium and I think it was how many electrons were in its outer shell and why for 2 marks. Pretty sure it was 7 as its in group 7 of the periodic table
Reply 12
not nessecerally
kg and dm3
it was all maths

Yeah mate it was 60 000 bc concentration is ALWAYS g/dm^3 so you had to convert it. Always paper 2 and you will still get method marks
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 13
last q on volume gas and limiting raeactant - 60dm3
ar atom economy of metal x-184
5 mark titration calculation 0.236 mol/dm3

Wrong, it was 60000 because you had to convert kg to g
Most would have got 5 marks for the last question whether it is 60 or 60,000 or 120,000.
None of us know for sure, so lets just say 1 mark dropped there.
Original post by riotdontdenyit
all i remember was-
lithium-red flame in flame test with dichromate wire loop cleaned in hcl first to remove impurities then to test for carbonate hcl again and the gas was put in limewater, if cloudy it had co2 present, indicating that it is carbonate
metal for galvanisation = zinc
rust = hydrated iron (iii) oxide
copper (ii) oxide = blue
water of crystallization x = 10
molar enthalpy change was -3593.3kj
min chloride mass = 21.6

idk they were all really simple icba to type them out, literally any past paper had millions of the same

sorry this is for igcse edexcel higher chem
Reply 16
Original post by Sorite
Can we use this discussion to produce an unofficial mark scheme for the paper we just had today? :smile:

Good idea!!
Reply 17
My chemistry teacher did the last question and got 60000 so pretty sure that’s right
Reply 18
You make the 100kg into a 100000g then do the steps as you mentioned
(Original post by raindropxox)One of them was which metal was aluminium and I said C, i think most people I know said C

yh i got c too
but 60,000
how?
cos 100kg/48+16 is 1.25
so 1.25*2 for moles of chlorine is 2.5
2.5* 24dm3 is 60dm3
can u tell me how u did it?
There was a question about which out of aluminium, silver and copper are the best for different wires.
How metals conduct electricity
Why the polymer chain is a solid and methane is not

Latest