The Student Room Group

What are the options for me after university?

I am struggling with my course and I do not think I've done very well, a 2:2 if I'm lucky. I also had to drop out a couple of times due to family sickness. I'm worried that I've messed my life up completely:frown: what are the options for me after this? Has anyone been through something similar? Thanks.
Reply 1
My daughter left uni with a 2:2 - did not really love her course and Covid restrictions really affected her.
She looked for jobs that were based around her degree and had lots of options! You will not walk into a super high paying job initially, graduates rarely do. Get in with a good company, lower level and stay for a year or 2. Work your way up or use that work experience to move on.
Original post by Student140998
I am struggling with my course and I do not think I've done very well, a 2:2 if I'm lucky. I also had to drop out a couple of times due to family sickness. I'm worried that I've messed my life up completely:frown: what are the options for me after this? Has anyone been through something similar? Thanks.

Hello there

Please don't worry, you most definitely haven't messed your life up!

The options going forward will really depend on your areas of interest, and your degree. The two main options are further education or employment. But there always other options like taking some time out to travel.

If you wanted to develop your knowledge in you area of interest you could always try find a relevant post-graduate degree (like a masters). Or if you wanted to go straight into work, the options will depend on your degree subject and what you actually want to do. https://www.prospects.ac.uk/ is a great website for ideas on what to do next. It has loads of great information about postgraduate study and career paths.

This is a great time for you to explore your interests further, and hopefully find your perfect path,
Hope this helped a bit
Adam - Uni of Kent Rep
Original post by Student140998

Hi there,

If you enjoy your current field of study and intend to go straight into work after graduating, then I am sure there are companies who recruit candidates with a 2:2. The most important thing is how closely your skills and experience match what they are looking for. If you have engaged in activities that show a match with the skills they are looking for, then these would be great points to talk about in your application. Don't worry at all, you've still got it!

Best of luck!

Kind regards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending