The Student Room Group

WJEC Criminology Unit 4 (7th of June 2023)

Hi, any predictions for this exam so far or general thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
really hoping for a nice big question on aims of punishment
Reply 2
Original post by helluzaa
really hoping for a nice big question on aims of punishment

Same, hoping for a good paper like last years unit 2
Reply 3
are there any videos online that do quick summaries of each of the topics? I know there is one youtube channel who does them, but the videos are like 30 mins long for each topics? so any good recommendations?
Reply 4
have the 2021 and 2022 past papers released? if so can someone tell me where to find them
Reply 5
Original post by lylilu98
have the 2021 and 2022 past papers released? if so can someone tell me where to find them

WJEC website has all of the released ones
Reply 6
Original post by annieyoxall
WJEC website has all of the released ones

thanks!
Hi, does anybody think that doing revision cramming extra for 2 days will be effective in securing me an A for Criminology Unit 4 on 7th June. So far I have gotten A in my practice for each U4 paper, but that was also like 1 day cram and I was lucky to guess which paper to revise for doing the practice, so I am not sure if I can do the same but 1 day extra for June 7th. I have till 13:30 (exam starts) but be there by 13:15 so I can fit extra cramming too. With this do strategy, if I familiarise myself with all the past papers and practice it for the 2 days straight and refresh the statistics as well as any extra content, does anyone think I’ve got a solid chance to grab that A. (Any grammar or punctuation isn’t rlly followed through on this qs sorry)
(Original post by lylilu98)are there any videos online that do quick summaries of each of the topics? I know there is one youtube channel who does them, but the videos are like 30 mins long for each topics? so any good recommendations?

are there any videos online that do quick summaries of each of the topics? I know there is one youtube channel who does them, but the videos are like 30 mins long for each topics? so any good recommendations?

Hi, I feel as if this link below will be useful since she does give quite good information. I am also going to be cramming now so hoping it will come to clutch.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpG7g2Yvm4j0YcladM95UiWmkXlwFcAup
Reply 9
does anyone know how the grades work for this? like am I still able to get an A if I got a C,A,B on the other 3 exams?
Reply 10
icl i've barely done any revision for it and i still am wanting to get an A. I am literally cramming it all up and going over all of the content written down and memorising. I think you can get an A! Do you have other exams to focus on too?

Original post by Studiouskween
Hi, does anybody think that doing revision cramming extra for 2 days will be effective in securing me an A for Criminology Unit 4 on 7th June. So far I have gotten A in my practice for each U4 paper, but that was also like 1 day cram and I was lucky to guess which paper to revise for doing the practice, so I am not sure if I can do the same but 1 day extra for June 7th. I have till 13:30 (exam starts) but be there by 13:15 so I can fit extra cramming too. With this do strategy, if I familiarise myself with all the past papers and practice it for the 2 days straight and refresh the statistics as well as any extra content, does anyone think I’ve got a solid chance to grab that A. (Any grammar or punctuation isn’t rlly followed through on this qs sorry)
Original post by em210956
icl i've barely done any revision for it and i still am wanting to get an A. I am literally cramming it all up and going over all of the content written down and memorising. I think you can get an A! Do you have other exams to focus on too?

Omg thank you for replying I feel very grateful for another reassurance!! I actually replied but it failed to upload oh well though. This is the ONLY exam I have so I do have high hopes. Is this also your only exam? My teacher said the layout of the paper for U2 exam was a bit confusing at first since WJEC put 1 question on each page so there is more space to write. I also heard the exam wasn’t too horrible and WJEC didnt give an unexpected question apart from like a 9 marker but it was alright for some people n they were able to guess the answer. I am 99.9% sure we can secure an A since its normally 70-80% depending on how everyone did. Hopefully no disgusting synopsis or question of 9 marks or higher are in the paper. Also WJEC sometimes uses like weird or awkward wordings of the question to trick you like when our class went through one of the recent past paper I think it was 2020/21, so they may do that again. All prayers and luck for us candidates to get the best we can and for it to be a doable exam :smile: !!!
Reply 12
Omg you're so lucky that you have no other exams! No I have two more exams - sociology where i have paper 2 on friday and then paper 3 next wednesday. icl I haven't really done much revision for sociology which is a bit concerning oops. I've just been a lot more focused on criminiology as it's such an interesting subject and i like some bits in unit 4. I just hope we get a nice paper. thats all i am hoping for haha!

Best of luck to you by the way and other crim students on this thread :smile:
Omg thank you for replying I feel very grateful for another reassurance!! I actually replied but it failed to upload oh well though. This is the ONLY exam I have so I do have high hopes. Is this also your only exam? My teacher said the layout of the paper for U2 exam was a bit confusing at first since WJEC put 1 question on each page so there is more space to write. I also heard the exam wasn’t too horrible and WJEC didnt give an unexpected question apart from like a 9 marker but it was alright for some people n they were able to guess the answer. I am 99.9% sure we can secure an A since its normally 70-80% depending on how everyone did. Hopefully no disgusting synopsis or question of 9 marks or higher are in the paper. Also WJEC sometimes uses like weird or awkward wordings of the question to trick you like when our class went through one of the recent past paper I think it was 2020/21, so they may do that again. All prayers and luck for us candidates to get the best we can and for it to be a doable exam :smile: !!!
Reply 13

I think therefore i teach on youtube is amazing, she covers all the ac's!!
Reply 14

Im so stressed for it haha, i rly want an A overall but need like 95 UMS for it. did a mock paper today and only got 60% so stress is real right now!

Hope its a good paper!
Reply 15
hi what questions might we get for section 3? (specificially 3.2 but any of them helps) ?
Reply 16
did you struggle with revising as well?

Reply 17
Original post by israe04
did you struggle with revising as well?

no, ive found this guy who does videos and ive been using him and my notes to condense information into summary sheets, and ive done loads of past paper questions over the weekend
Reply 18
no, ive found this guy who does videos and ive been using him and my notes to condense information into summary sheets, and ive done loads of past paper questions over the weekend

who ?
Reply 19
Original post by helluzaa
hi what questions might we get for section 3? (specificially 3.2 but any of them helps) ?

The ones I have practiced so far:
<Describe the limitations of X in achieving social control" (4 & 6 marks) X = agency of social control eg: CPS
<Explain how a lack of resources can be limitation within prisons> (4 marks)
<Explain how recidivism can cause limitations for the prison service in achieving social control> (4 marks)
<Discuss the role of the X in achieving social control> (5 marks) X = Agency of social control eg: Police
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending