The Student Room Group

Submitted dissertation in the wrong font

Submitted dissertation in the wrong font. The brief stated calibri but I submitted arial. This is as previous assignments have always been arial so I’m used to submitting with arial font but am aware it’s completely my fault I have followed all other formatting like line spacing etc. Am I likely to get a 0 or will I just lose marks for this error?
Reply 1
You won't be the only student to do this, I'm sure. Oversights of this kind are fairly common. The impact on your grade will depend on whether a specific % is allocated to layout/formatting, in which case you will have to take a (relatively small) hit. If the rest of your Dissertation is in good shape, with overall good attention to detail, it is unlikely to make a big difference overall.
Reply 2
Original post by cheadle
You won't be the only student to do this, I'm sure. Oversights of this kind are fairly common. The impact on your grade will depend on whether a specific % is allocated to layout/formatting, in which case you will have to take a (relatively small) hit. If the rest of your Dissertation is in good shape, with overall good attention to detail, it is unlikely to make a big difference overall.

Thank you for your reply! Definitely expecting to lose some marks hopefully not too many. Glad I shouldn’t get a zero overall though as that was my biggest concern as I put so much work in to miss one of the easiest things.

Presentation is apart of the rubric so will likely lose some marks in that category but hopefully the rest should soften that hit
Original post by Anonymous
Submitted dissertation in the wrong font. The brief stated calibri but I submitted arial. This is as previous assignments have always been arial so I’m used to submitting with arial font but am aware it’s completely my fault I have followed all other formatting like line spacing etc. Am I likely to get a 0 or will I just lose marks for this error?

Hi,

You might only lose marks allocated for report structure and formatting. I wouldn't worry too much about it, you wouldn't be failed for using a different font.

Kind regards,
Juzer
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending