The Student Room Group

Are University’s fussy?

I am hoping to study veterinary medicine, studying Biology and Chemistry at A -level. Unfortunately due to timings and other issues I only got 5s at maths and science. I was graded higher in past papers and mocks but still ended up with low GCSEs grades. I’m finding A-levels are going well and achieving good grades. Predicated A’s and B’s, do you think universities will no be so open to excepting me because of my GCSE grades?
Original post by J0die.
I am hoping to study veterinary medicine, studying Biology and Chemistry at A -level. Unfortunately due to timings and other issues I only got 5s at maths and science. I was graded higher in past papers and mocks but still ended up with low GCSEs grades. I’m finding A-levels are going well and achieving good grades. Predicated A’s and B’s, do you think universities will no be so open to excepting me because of my GCSE grades?

What do vet schools say about GCSE requirements on their websites?
Original post by J0die.

you can look at this to get a clearer idea ( this is what i did im in year 12 i have low gcses want to go into medicine thou) Admissions-processes-and-entry-requirements-for-UK-veterinary-schools-2023-applications.pdf (vetschoolscouncil.ac.uk)
Original post by J0die.

Hiya! I have applied to medical schools, but I assume Veterinary schools will be the same. Most ask for a minimum 6/B in GCSE English Language and Mathematics. As well as this some schools will weigh heavily on your GCSEs as part of the application process. You might want to look at Vet Med schools that are less focused on GCSEs, and more so on other academic requirements. Best of luck with everything☺️

Quick Reply

Latest