The Student Room Group

DWP Executive Officer

Hello everyone. I have a question regarding my application. Recently applied for Executive officer with DWP. And just emailed me to say that I scored 313 on my SJT. And will take further my application. But I'm curious what the score mean? I mean how good is that? Obviously is enough for the next step. Because I did applied for the same position back in December and then my score was 234 and still was enough for the next stage. But then they said I failed the sift test 🙄. And also any advise regarding the position? I'm also waiting for another job with DWP. I passed everything just waiting to hear from them if they are going to offer me a job or will put me in their reserve list. This job is for Administrative Officers DWP Telephony. Any advice and guidance will be appreciated much. Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TryingVery Hard
Hello everyone. I have a question regarding my application. Recently applied for Executive officer with DWP. And just emailed me to say that I scored 313 on my SJT. And will take further my application. But I'm curious what the score mean? I mean how good is that? Obviously is enough for the next step. Because I did applied for the same position back in December and then my score was 234 and still was enough for the next stage. But then they said I failed the sift test 🙄. And also any advise regarding the position? I'm also waiting for another job with DWP. I passed everything just waiting to hear from them if they are going to offer me a job or will put me in their reserve list. This job is for Administrative Officers DWP Telephony. Any advice and guidance will be appreciated much. Thanks
Which role is it for the executive officer? I’m still waiting on a start date for EO disability services. I’m not sure what a good sjt score is but i scored around 350. As long as u passed the sjt and wrote a good statement then you’ll most likely get an interview. I waited around 4 weeks for an interview but it might be quicker now. I also applied for AO but I withdrew my application because I preferred the EO interview and I don’t like being on the phones.
Original post by SammyF97
Which role is it for the executive officer? I’m still waiting on a start date for EO disability services. I’m not sure what a good sjt score is but i scored around 350. As long as u passed the sjt and wrote a good statement then you’ll most likely get an interview. I waited around 4 weeks for an interview but it might be quicker now. I also applied for AO but I withdrew my application because I preferred the EO interview and I don’t like being on the phones.
Hi! Actually the EO position is in Plymouth, but also says EO national in the advert. And there was 140 positions. That's why I applied. For now I will keep my AO application open. Anyway it takes ages for them to let you know. My interview was a month ago. Couple of days ago I received an email that my interview was successful. And they will be in touch soon to let me if they are going to offer me position or I will be in the reserve list. So I thought is good to apply for another position too. And will see which one will be the best. I'm hoping more for EO 😁.
Hi! Actually the EO position is in Plymouth, but also says EO national in the advert. And there was 140 positions. That's why I applied. For now I will keep my AO application open. Anyway it takes ages for them to let you know. My interview was a month ago. Couple of days ago I received an email that my interview was successful. And they will be in touch soon to let me if they are going to offer me position or I will be in the reserve list. So I thought is good to apply for another position too. And will see which one will be the best. I'm hoping more for EO 😁.
Hi, do you know which position it is. Is it EO case manager, work coach, decision maker, UC review? There’s a lot of different ones.
Yeah it does take ages, my whole application from the start took 6 months and I wasn’t even on the reserve list. Applied in November and my start date is probably gonna be in April.
Hi, do you know which position it is. Is it EO case manager, work coach, decision maker, UC review? There’s a lot of different ones.
Yeah it does take ages, my whole application from the start took 6 months and I wasn’t even on the reserve list. Applied in November and my start date is probably gonna be in April.
Hi, it's for case review EO role
Hi. I just got an email with invitation for a pre recorded interview. O didn't expected so quick to happen. Given the fact that I applied just 2 weeks ago. When I'm waiting for final response from my other application... But anyway... Do you have any experience with this pre recorded interview? How can I prepare myself?
Hi. I just got an email with invitation for a pre recorded interview. O didn't expected so quick to happen. Given the fact that I applied just 2 weeks ago. When I'm waiting for final response from my other application... But anyway... Do you have any experience with this pre recorded interview? How can I prepare myself?
When I applied there were 6 questions but now I think they changed it to 3 only which probably means ur interview results will be ready a lot sooner. These are all the questions I came across in my interviews. Most of them are similar so u don’t need to make a different answer for every question. I don’t know anyone that applied to UC review so there maybe questions that I haven’t listed or they may have changed the questions completely. I’d ask someone on here who has recently done the interview. I used the WHO model in my answers. If you’d like help or want me to read through your answers I’m happy to do that as well.

Communicating & influencing:
How would you deal with a difficult customer and influence them to an agreeable outcome?
A time you communicated complicated information clearly?
A time you adapted your communication style to achieve an outcome?
A time you used your communication skills to influence others?
Managing a quality service:
A time you went above & beyond expectations to provide a great service?
A time you had to balance competing priorities in your workload?
A time you demonstrated exceptional customer service?
A time you improved customer service by identifying and mitigating risk?
Making effective decisions:
A time you made a difficult decision that impacted others?
A time you analysed evidence to make a decision?
A time you made a quick decision on a complex issue?
How would you approach making a decision to ensure it is fair and impartial?
Reply 7
Hope it goes well! I applied for the same job (I am already an AO in the SC), got my SJT results back a few days ago and had a pretty high score! Then a few of my co-workers have got interview invited yesterday afternoon and I haven't had one yet and I feel so left out haha. I have done one previous pre-recorded interview for a work coach role and I hated it so much because it's really hard to get your personality across when there's no one on the other side that you're talking to! But if you've already done a CS interview, the questions will be similar but they'll be looking for a more in depth answer to meet the Level 2 criteria! Good luck!!
Original post by Bes182
Hope it goes well! I applied for the same job (I am already an AO in the SC), got my SJT results back a few days ago and had a pretty high score! Then a few of my co-workers have got interview invited yesterday afternoon and I haven't had one yet and I feel so left out haha. I have done one previous pre-recorded interview for a work coach role and I hated it so much because it's really hard to get your personality across when there's no one on the other side that you're talking to! But if you've already done a CS interview, the questions will be similar but they'll be looking for a more in depth answer to meet the Level 2 criteria! Good luck!!
Thank you for the help! May I ask you once you log in do you have the questions in advance, before you continue with the interview? Might sound silly 😁, but I'm asking, because on my interview for AO I had the questions a week prior to my interview 🙄. Also once you hear the first question do you have the option to "pause" the question and prepare your answer? I'm not talking about that minute.....
When I applied there were 6 questions but now I think they changed it to 3 only which probably means ur interview results will be ready a lot sooner. These are all the questions I came across in my interviews. Most of them are similar so u don’t need to make a different answer for every question. I don’t know anyone that applied to UC review so there maybe questions that I haven’t listed or they may have changed the questions completely. I’d ask someone on here who has recently done the interview. I used the WHO model in my answers. If you’d like help or want me to read through your answers I’m happy to do that as well.
Communicating & influencing:
How would you deal with a difficult customer and influence them to an agreeable outcome?
A time you communicated complicated information clearly?
A time you adapted your communication style to achieve an outcome?
A time you used your communication skills to influence others?
Managing a quality service:
A time you went above & beyond expectations to provide a great service?
A time you had to balance competing priorities in your workload?
A time you demonstrated exceptional customer service?
A time you improved customer service by identifying and mitigating risk?
Making effective decisions:
A time you made a difficult decision that impacted others?
A time you analysed evidence to make a decision?
A time you made a quick decision on a complex issue?
How would you approach making a decision to ensure it is fair and impartial?
Thank you for your detailed information. I will try to prepare myself as best as I can. And yes, you are right there will be just 3 questions, with 1 minute of thinking time and 2 minutes to answer. So I guess I have to try and say in couple of sentences the most important. In total they expect my interview to last approximately 25 minutes. I just also wonder do they start with the basic questions like: Tell me about yourself? And etc
Reply 10
Thank you for the help! May I ask you once you log in do you have the questions in advance, before you continue with the interview? Might sound silly 😁, but I'm asking, because on my interview for AO I had the questions a week prior to my interview 🙄. Also once you hear the first question do you have the option to "pause" the question and prepare your answer? I'm not talking about that minute.....
The question was given directly before answering it. So the question would appear and you’d have 1 min to prepare / practice and then when that time is over you go on to your official answer!
Let us know how you get on!
I much prefer the AO interviews just for purely having someone on the other end of the call but when I did mine we didn’t get the questions prior to the interview. Was your AO interview for cms?
Thank you for your detailed information. I will try to prepare myself as best as I can. And yes, you are right there will be just 3 questions, with 1 minute of thinking time and 2 minutes to answer. So I guess I have to try and say in couple of sentences the most important. In total they expect my interview to last approximately 25 minutes. I just also wonder do they start with the basic questions like: Tell me about yourself? And etc
There’s 1 practice question that you can re record as many times as you want but I skipped the practice question as it isn’t marked. Your 1 minute thinking time starts right after u listen to the question. I also split my screen so I had my answers on my laptop screen and I just read it.
Original post by Bes182
The question was given directly before answering it. So the question would appear and you’d have 1 min to prepare / practice and then when that time is over you go on to your official answer!
Let us know how you get on!
I much prefer the AO interviews just for purely having someone on the other end of the call but when I did mine we didn’t get the questions prior to the interview. Was your AO interview for cms?
Thank you for your response
My interview was for AO DWP - Work and Health Services - Disability Services, Decision Making and Working Age
There’s 1 practice question that you can re record as many times as you want but I skipped the practice question as it isn’t marked. Your 1 minute thinking time starts right after u listen to the question. I also split my screen so I had my answers on my laptop screen and I just read it.
That's helpful, thank you. But actually you can't "pause" the question to take time to get the relevant answer you have prepared?!? 😁
That's helpful, thank you. But actually you can't "pause" the question to take time to get the relevant answer you have prepared?!? 😁
Nope and they don’t let you re start or re record the question. I had my answers on a word document and I used my 1 minute timer to find the answer I was going to read.
Nope and they don’t let you re start or re record the question. I had my answers on a word document and I used my 1 minute timer to find the answer I was going to read.
Thank you. I will let you know what was the outcome.
Thank you. I will let you know what was the outcome.
Also your answers are marked from 1-7. U have to score at least 4 to pass so I would follow the STAR or WHO model in your answer to make a strong answer.
Also your answers are marked from 1-7. U have to score at least 4 to pass so I would follow the STAR or WHO model in your answer to make a strong answer.
Thank you. This is what I was planning to do.
Thank you. This is what I was planning to do.
So have you applied to Plymouth?
I have applied to Plymouth UCR role, have to do my interview by Wednesday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending