The Student Room Group

EO Work coach DWP

Roles for London should be advertised tomorrow at £32,500. Get those applications in!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Supercoach
Roles for London should be advertised tomorrow at £32,500. Get those applications in!!

Hi, did you apply for any of the roles? I would love to go for Croydon.
Reply 2
Original post by ChiChiUgb
Hi, did you apply for any of the roles? I would love to go for Croydon.

I am already in the role
I am already in the role

Ok, guess you are moving on to a new role then. The job description sounds interesting. Did you enjoy your time with them?
Reply 4
Ok, guess you are moving on to a new role then. The job description sounds interesting. Did you enjoy your time with them?

I had a rewarding time supporting the vulnerable and needy when it was needed all throughout the pandemic. I am awaiting security clearance within the civil service. Time for a fresh challenge
I had a rewarding time supporting the vulnerable and needy when it was needed all throughout the pandemic. I am awaiting security clearance within the civil service. Time for a fresh challenge

Congrats 👏 and all the best.
Reply 6
Congrats 👏 and all the best.

If you need any support you can reach out to me
Are the generic "Executive Officer" DWP job postings for work coach roles?
Reply 8
I don't think so as some of the locations are for the service centres and they don't do face to face appointments
I don't think so as some of the locations are for the service centres and they don't do face to face appointments

Service centres? Does that mean they carry out different duties? How do I know if my location of choice is just a service centre or offers more? What are the differences please?
Original post by Ced4u
Service centres? Does that mean they carry out different duties? How do I know if my location of choice is just a service centre or offers more? What are the differences please?

Service centres are more like the call centres that deal with telephone enquiries, they will also have Decision Makers who don't see customers. On the advert the locations can be googled and if the building is a job centre you will most likely be for work coach
Service centres are more like the call centres that deal with telephone enquiries, they will also have Decision Makers who don't see customers. On the advert the locations can be googled and if the building is a job centre you will most likely be for work coach

Thank you so much for the information. My location is definitely a Jobcentre plus where they offer face-to-face appointments.
Has anyone heard back regarding scores for tests yet ? Have applied for East Midland, Staffordshire and Leicester but not heard anything yet ?
Original post by BabyButler2005
Has anyone heard back regarding scores for tests yet ? Have applied for East Midland, Staffordshire and Leicester but not heard anything yet ?

Relax, you won't be hearing anything least till end of January
Reply 14
Anyone got interview dates yet ?
Reply 15
I just got successful at interview but can't tell if it's work coach or not. How can I tell? Or will the offer explicitly say work coach? It only says work and health services team and it's at a jobcentre plus. Any pointers will be appreciated.
Original post by Bants3
I just got successful at interview but can't tell if it's work coach or not. How can I tell? Or will the offer explicitly say work coach? It only says work and health services team and it's at a jobcentre plus. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Basically they are recruiting to fill in gaps within DWP so you could be doing any role on EO grade, not necessarily work coach. What location was it for? LONDON?
Reply 17
Original post by Bants3

Basically they are recruiting to fill in gaps within DWP so you could be doing any role on EO grade, not necessarily work coach. What location was it for? LONDON?

Thank you for your response. No, Edinburgh. If it isn't a work coach role but it's in a job centre, could that be customer facing and any possibility of hybrid working? Just trying to manage my expectations as comments online about work coach hasn't been too flattering. And do u know if there's Saturday working?
Original post by Bants3
Thank you for your response. No, Edinburgh. If it isn't a work coach role but it's in a job centre, could that be customer facing and any possibility of hybrid working? Just trying to manage my expectations as comments online about work coach hasn't been too flattering. And do u know if there's Saturday working?

Job centre is Saturday working and generally 1 in every few weeks depending on the office. Temporary offices that were opened do Monday to Friday but they are temp offices.

No Hybrid working in Job Centres, I can tell you that for sure.

And don't take too much from online in regards to work coach comment's, I never had an issue as a work coach. I had a lot of people in my office that hated the role or always complained but they were the ones that hardly did much work and complained over anything and hence they felt they always given hard time by management but with any role management have a role to fulfill and get the job done. Not to say there are not bad apples in management too but that is anywhere you go. I always believe if you have great work ethics you don't need to worry about anything.

Good luck and hope it helps
Reply 19
Job centre is Saturday working and generally 1 in every few weeks depending on the office. Temporary offices that were opened do Monday to Friday but they are temp offices.

No Hybrid working in Job Centres, I can tell you that for sure.

And don't take too much from online in regards to work coach comment's, I never had an issue as a work coach. I had a lot of people in my office that hated the role or always complained but they were the ones that hardly did much work and complained over anything and hence they felt they always given hard time by management but with any role management have a role to fulfill and get the job done. Not to say there are not bad apples in management too but that is anywhere you go. I always believe if you have great work ethics you don't need to worry about anything.

Good luck and hope it helps

Thank you for your detailed response, it's kind of mixed feelings I'm having but I'll stay positive and also still keep applying for other job opportunities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending