The Student Room Group

Help maths

Help I don’t get how the y intercept is what’s on the markscheme and how do I know this graph is below the x axisIMG_2595.jpegIMG_2594.jpeg
Because when you expand out the brackets when x is zero you get p(-q)^2 which is pq^2
There’s no minus!
(edited 11 months ago)
no. you get -p x -q x -q = -pq^2

also sorry for not helping with the integration question you had. i found it challenging will have another go or ask my teacher for help
Reply 2
Original post by user8937264980
no. you get -p x -q x -q = -pq^2

also sorry for not helping with the integration question you had. i found it challenging will have another go or ask my teacher for help

Thank you so much :smile:
its alright, that q was a headache 🤕what a levels u doing… have u done your a levels or got them this year ?
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
Thank you so much :smile:
its alright, that q was a headache 🤕what a levels u doing… have u done your a levels or got them this year ?

ive got maths physics and chem this year
Reply 4
Good luck!!
Also how do I find a horizontal asymptote…
I know that when finding the vertical the denominator is equal to zero, but what about the horizontal?
Reply 5
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
Good luck!!
Also how do I find a horizontal asymptote…
I know that when finding the vertical the denominator is equal to zero, but what about the horizontal?

There must be worked examples in your textbook, right?
But in essence, for rational functions, decomposing the function into partial fractions, and setting the "fractional parts" to zero gives you the equation of the oblique/horizontal asymptotes (they are the same thing).
Reply 6
Original post by tonyiptony
There must be worked examples in your textbook, right?
But in essence, for rational functions, decomposing the function into partial fractions, and setting the "fractional parts" to zero gives you the equation of the oblique/horizontal asymptotes (they are the same thing).

No

Quick Reply

Latest