The Student Room Group

maintenance loan incredibly low. Slightly worried!

Hi, so I'm planning on studying in London this coming September and what initially was optimism and excitement has lead to fear, worry and doubt. The process of applying for student finance for me was quite long with more evidence being needed. But eventually I was able to submit everything and eventually getting approved.
The relief I felt in this moment was temporary as I shortly found out that my maintenance loan was quite lower than expected. A lot lower.
My parents aren't together, they don't live with each other and I also don't live with either of my parents. And on top of this, they are both quite low income and I know that they won't be able to support me to their expected level with the amount of loan that I have been given.
I have tried calling Student finance, but none of the options apply to me on the phone. I have also tried the live chat for the longest time however, there is never an agent available no matter what time of the day I try. I'm was already planning on getting a part time job, but I worry that even that won't be enough.

I have no idea what to do or who to contact?
Original post by Garbo.o
Hi, so I'm planning on studying in London this coming September and what initially was optimism and excitement has lead to fear, worry and doubt. The process of applying for student finance for me was quite long with more evidence being needed. But eventually I was able to submit everything and eventually getting approved.
The relief I felt in this moment was temporary as I shortly found out that my maintenance loan was quite lower than expected. A lot lower.
My parents aren't together, they don't live with each other and I also don't live with either of my parents. And on top of this, they are both quite low income and I know that they won't be able to support me to their expected level with the amount of loan that I have been given.
I have tried calling Student finance, but none of the options apply to me on the phone. I have also tried the live chat for the longest time however, there is never an agent available no matter what time of the day I try. I'm was already planning on getting a part time job, but I worry that even that won't be enough.

I have no idea what to do or who to contact?

Hi Garbo.o,

If you're under 25, we require your parents details to support your application. Have you provided this? This is regardless whether the support your financially or not.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Garbo.o,

If you're under 25, we require your parents details to support your application. Have you provided this? This is regardless whether the support your financially or not.

Thanks,
Claire

Yes I gave both my details. I have spoken to student finance multiple times and each time something new has come up. More recently however, I was told that because my parents aren't together and not living with each other to remove my sponsor 1 along with evidence of this from my other sponsor.

But I have given both my parents details. But the main problem I have is, when I upload my evidence or any evidence online. There is no feedback beyond that, no time estimation and no other alerts about the evidence I've submitted. I just have to patiently wait for something to happen, which nothing has so far.
I am optimistic though as my mum has sent through details via a letter for evidence so I can actually track the evidence. But even then I am skeptical and feel that nothing else would change.
Original post by Garbo.o
Yes I gave both my details. I have spoken to student finance multiple times and each time something new has come up. More recently however, I was told that because my parents aren't together and not living with each other to remove my sponsor 1 along with evidence of this from my other sponsor.

But I have given both my parents details. But the main problem I have is, when I upload my evidence or any evidence online. There is no feedback beyond that, no time estimation and no other alerts about the evidence I've submitted. I just have to patiently wait for something to happen, which nothing has so far.
I am optimistic though as my mum has sent through details via a letter for evidence so I can actually track the evidence. But even then I am skeptical and feel that nothing else would change.

Hi there, did your mum complete the PFF2 form with her income details or was it her P60 she sent us? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, did your mum complete the PFF2 form with her income details or was it her P60 she sent us? Thanks, Jason

I believe she sent her P60 with the evidence. But there wasn't any issues with her submissions, It was just my dads, that's why I was told to remove him from my sponsor. But I'm not entirely sure.
Original post by Garbo.o
I believe she sent her P60 with the evidence. But there wasn't any issues with her submissions, It was just my dads, that's why I was told to remove him from my sponsor. But I'm not entirely sure.

We wouldn't be able to accept a P60 on it's own she would also need to physically support your application by completing the PFF2 form and uploading this to your account (or hers): https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

If you check with her if she's provided her details to us. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending