The Student Room Group

Got denied SFE but Independent Assessor agrees I should be paid

Hi,

I’m coming to the end of my first year at Warwick and have been appealing SLC’s decision to deny me student finance since August. I finally go to the final round of the appeal and they went to an independant assessor to look over my case. In conclusion, the independent assessor entirely agreed with me that I deserve to be paid and that SLC were using stock responses to nearly all of my emails. What are the steps from here? Do i get paid in retrospect for the past year I’ve had to fund myself? When do I apply for next year? Can SLC still deny the independant assessors opinion?

Any help would be appreciated.
Original post by Jiddlestick
Hi,

I’m coming to the end of my first year at Warwick and have been appealing SLC’s decision to deny me student finance since August. I finally go to the final round of the appeal and they went to an independant assessor to look over my case. In conclusion, the independent assessor entirely agreed with me that I deserve to be paid and that SLC were using stock responses to nearly all of my emails. What are the steps from here? Do i get paid in retrospect for the past year I’ve had to fund myself? When do I apply for next year? Can SLC still deny the independant assessors opinion?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there,

You can find more details on the appeals process and when passed to Independent assessor here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/appeals-procedure

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

You can find more details on the appeals process and when passed to Independent assessor here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/appeals-procedure

Thanks,
Claire

Thanks Claire, and what about backdating payments etc?
Thanks Claire, and what about backdating payments etc?

Hi there,

Just to confirm, when did you get this e-mail from the independent assessor? Did they explain to you what will happen now?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Just to confirm, when did you get this e-mail from the independent assessor? Did they explain to you what will happen now?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi Graeme,

I received the email yesterday and after posting here I received another email from SFE stating that they are taking in the IA’s opinion and will get back to me at some point. Guess I will just give it some time and then come back here if I need any help eventually👍🏼

KR,

Justice
Hi Graeme,

I received the email yesterday and after posting here I received another email from SFE stating that they are taking in the IA’s opinion and will get back to me at some point. Guess I will just give it some time and then come back here if I need any help eventually👍🏼

KR,

Justice

Thank you,

Tomorrow morning, we'd suggest sending us a live chat on your account from 9:00am. That way we can access your account and see if we can give you a timescale for when this will be done.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending