The Student Room Group

Compelling reasons reject - appearing to Independent Assesor

Hello
Please can I have some advice on how best to win an appeal with the Independent Assessor. I have been deemed ineligible for funding. My compelling reasons have been rejected. I have supplied medical evidence but because my medical issues stopped me before they are saying it is clear I cannot do it. I want to prove I am now fit and well for study. But I have to appeal to the Independent Assessor. I have requested a letter from my doctor which will take a few weeks. I have already started a course. But as SFE haven’t confirmed funding the university will kick me off the course. And I am not sure how long the IA will take. I don’t know what to do. And I know I was not well and have failed before but I can well enough now. Any suggestions?
Reply 1
Original post by Gen1982
Hello
Please can I have some advice on how best to win an appeal with the Independent Assessor. I have been deemed ineligible for funding. My compelling reasons have been rejected. I have supplied medical evidence but because my medical issues stopped me before they are saying it is clear I cannot do it. I want to prove I am now fit and well for study. But I have to appeal to the Independent Assessor. I have requested a letter from my doctor which will take a few weeks. I have already started a course. But as SFE haven’t confirmed funding the university will kick me off the course. And I am not sure how long the IA will take. I don’t know what to do. And I know I was not well and have failed before but I can well enough now. Any suggestions?

We need more information, are you trying to reclaim a lost year of funding, or are you saying you are not allowed to study due to being unfit in some way?

As for winning an appeal, without sounding blunt, you win if there are procedural errors, or you have additional information that changes the balance of evidence. Without these you wont win.

Greg
Reply 2
Original post by greg tony
We need more information, are you trying to reclaim a lost year of funding, or are you saying you are not allowed to study due to being unfit in some way?

As for winning an appeal, without sounding blunt, you win if there are procedural errors, or you have additional information that changes the balance of evidence. Without these you wont win.

Greg

Thank you Greg.
Would a new letter from my doctor saying I am better and fit for study be considered new evidence and from my headteacher saying i am fit to work and it would be a shame if she could not continue her studies?

Yes I am trying to reclaim a year and get it on CPR. But I have had CPR before and they are saying I can’t get it again. But I want to prove that I am eligible and will complete this time. They are saying I have failed before so it shows I can’t do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending