The Student Room Group

switching courses

hey i was just wondering about the flexibility of courses. if i started my course and ended up not liking it would i be able to switch into a different course or is this not possible?
It's usually up to the university, not UCAS, if youre talking about switching courses within the same university. Usually they are quite flexible if the course you want to switch to has similar modules and they may consider other things if the new course has specific requirements eg specific A-level results in a subject. It's more flexible at the start of the term and they will less likely consider your request later on in the academic year. As far as I'm aware, if you want it to change via UCAS, you should be emailing them now and requesting for the transder and it will update on UCAS although this might take a while and, again, it depends on the university.
Reply 2
Depends on your results - and, more importantly, that there are spaces on the 'new' course.

That usually relies on other people not showing up, dropping out etc, and that not usually obvious until several weeks or even longer into the course - by which time you will have missed crucial early work.
Reply 3
Original post by Carrotsroom
It's usually up to the university, not UCAS, if youre talking about switching courses within the same university. Usually they are quite flexible if the course you want to switch to has similar modules and they may consider other things if the new course has specific requirements eg specific A-level results in a subject. It's more flexible at the start of the term and they will less likely consider your request later on in the academic year. As far as I'm aware, if you want it to change via UCAS, you should be emailing them now and requesting for the transder and it will update on UCAS although this might take a while and, again, it depends on the university.

thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending