The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Switching courses at UCL

I have just got a message on UCAS to tell me that I have been offered a place for Law, but not Law with Hispanic Law.

I am very happy about studying just Law, but my preference was definitely to do a year of Hispanic Law as I am English but applying from Spain so would like to continue working on my Spanish. I'm not sure how compelling of an argument that will be, but does anyone have any experience or knowledge about switching courses at UCL? People have told me that they have switched to similar courses at other unis when they get there, but I'm not sure if this will be possible in my situation.

Any guess would be appreciated 👍
If you applied for the course and were offered an alternative one it's likely that the first one is full (or possibly not being run). I wouldn't hold your breath on switching while you are there, although you could always discuss it.

Note that you can always take language classes through CLIE (for credit modules or not-for credit evening/summer classes are available).
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by henry345345
I have just got a message on UCAS to tell me that I have been offered a place for Law, but not Law with Hispanic Law.
I am very happy about studying just Law, but my preference was definitely to do a year of Hispanic Law as I am English but applying from Spain so would like to continue working on my Spanish. I'm not sure how compelling of an argument that will be, but does anyone have any experience or knowledge about switching courses at UCL? People have told me that they have switched to similar courses at other unis when they get there, but I'm not sure if this will be possible in my situation.
Any guess would be appreciated 👍

Heyyy!

Crazy coincidence but I have an offer to study Law with Hispanic Law but I want to switch to the main course for just Law. What are your socials, we COULD email UCL together and ask them to let us switch? As long as you did well in your interview and got a good predicted grade for Spanish A-Level, I don't see why they couldn't let us switch...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending