The Student Room Group

A-Levels make me feel like a failure

I already accepted my unconditional offer for uni because I know I’m going to fail these exams. I can’t stop crying i feel like a failure. I have psychology paper 3 on monday which I don’t even understand, and then criminology on wednesday. 2 more to go and It feels like the world is ending. Any tips to stop stressing and just accept failure?
Reply 1
Failure in terms of what? An E is a pass? You've been able to make it onto uni, and do something you want to do. That's it. The uni have seen your application, and wanted you. Don't think you've done bad because you are going for your unconditional, unconditional offers would not exist if they were not a valid route there.

The only failure you see, is through comparison. The reality is most people don't even do a levels, never mind do well. You do not need to be perfect or do better then everyone else, if you think about it really, it's quite toxic.

It's failure if you decide it is. If you continue to decide this is failure, you will always feel this, and then I pose the question, will you ever be happy if you continue to unreasonably define failure?

Quick Reply

Latest