The Student Room Group

I still have no idea what I want to do.

Honeslty, I'm fed up with a levels/btec

This is my third attempt (1st law psychology politics, 2nd psychology religious studies and sociology and 3rd sport btec)

I just hate doing courses which the end result of my work has no value to me.

I don't want to live my life where I spend all week surviving until the weekend, to then spend the entire weekend in bed dreading over starting the same week again.

It's annoying because I'm 18 so this is my last chance of free further education, but I'm still completely stuck over what I want to do in life

While I myself don't feel a big rush, the fact a levels are free only until 19 make me feel like I have to decide a career now or never go to university

But I'm just completely stuck on what I want to do. I just want to enjoy every day

Btec has no meaning to me, so just spending all my week in a mode of living that reminds me of how miserable life is when you don't distract yourself with something you deem worthwhile is horrible

I just want something I find purposeful that I wake up wanting to grind towards
(edited 7 months ago)
Trying things out to find out whether you like them or not isn’t a failure if you find you don’t like them. It’s experience and learning.

Do you have anything that you do in your free time that you do enjoy?

Have you tried any jobs?

Most people don’t know what they want to do at 16, 18 or 21 or even 25….and even the ones that do often end up changing their minds.

Quick Reply

Latest