The Student Room Group

A level failure

I have just finished my A - level exams and I completely messed them up. Every single exam has gone wrong and I know it did. For instance, in my exam yesterday, I knew what I was writing was 100% wrong but I was running out of time and I had to put something down (even if it was the wrong answer). I have worked hard consistently over the way two years and I now don’t think I will even pass them. I just feel so sad and I have never felt like this before. It sounds extreme but I feel like my heart has broken in two. Please can someone advice me on if it is actually the end of the world, if I fail them?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
i don’t know if this helps at all but im honestly in the same position, i’ve messed up every exam i’ve done so far and i feel so screwed for the ones left, i know there’s options like resitting, going through clearing if u applied to uni or taking a gap year to think about ur options

anyway im sure somehow everything will work out try so not to stress too much right now and take ur mind off it by enjoying ur summer, think about it when results day comes, maybe you’ve done better than u thought who knows? and if not, there will always be a way to figure things out

u have clearly been trying and put effort in so whatever happens know u did ur best, all u can really do now is take ur mind off things and try not to beat urself up, good luck :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Cakelover24
I have just finished my A - level exams and I completely messed them up. Every single exam has gone wrong and I know it I did. For instance, in my exam yesterday, I knew what I was writing was 100% wrong but I was running out of time and I had to put something down (even if it was the wrong answer). I have worked hard consistently over the way two years and I now don’t think I will even pass them. I just feel so sad and I have never felt like this before. It sounds extreme but I feel like my heart has broken in two. Please can someone advice me on if it is actually the end of the world, if I fail them?

I’ve been listening to the BBC podcasts Life Sciences, where world renowned scientists talk about their achievements and their life history. By coincidence, the last 2 said they did really bad at school, including 1 that had to revisit all his A-Levels. He is now a uni professor, and one of the world leading scientist in public health.

Things tend to work out in the end, despite not feeling like that right now. See how you do and then plan the next step.
Reply 3
Original post by astrostial
i don’t know if this helps at all but im honestly in the same position, i’ve messed up every exam i’ve done so far and i feel so screwed for the ones left, i know there’s options like resitting, going through clearing if u applied to uni or taking a gap year to think about ur options

anyway im sure somehow everything will work out try so not to stress too much right now and take ur mind off it by enjoying ur summer, think about it when results day comes, maybe you’ve done better than u thought who knows? and if not, there will always be a way to figure things out

u have clearly been trying and put effort in so whatever happens know u did ur best, all u can really do now is take ur mind off things and try not to beat urself up, good luck :smile:

Hi,

Thank you so much for replying and your advice/comments too. I am sorry to hear that you feel the same way. I think it is so much pressure for students to have on their future plans. I hope the rest of your exams go well. I know it is easier said than done but don’t let the other exams impact the future ones, as looking back I really regret that happening, as there is still marks to fight for. I was watching a YouTube video and the person said to my comment ‘That is is not over until it is over’! Good luck too. 🙂
Reply 4
Original post by lalexm
I’ve been listening to the BBC podcasts Life Sciences, where world renowned scientists talk about their achievements and their life history. By coincidence, the last 2 said they did really bad at school, including 1 that had to revisit all his A-Levels. He is now a uni professor, and one of the world leading scientist in public health.

Things tend to work out in the end, despite not feeling like that right now. See how you do and then plan the next step.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your comment too! That is great that they are able to do that. Thank you for letting me know this, it makes me feel a bit better too. 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest