The Student Room Group

History 8-marker

I have one question that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere on the internet :frown:
For a "how useful" 8 mark question, if one of the sources was a government document, how could the document be less useful or limited? I can't seem to find a point to write about how the nature of the document source is less useful

help me pleaseeee
Reply 1
What paper is it for? And do you do edexcel?
Reply 2
Original post by mariamwho
What paper is it for? And do you do edexcel?

its for weimar and nazi germany, and crime and punishment. Both for edexcel
Reply 3
Use the acronym JACK
Two paragraphs one about source A and one about Source B

JUDGEMENT State how useful the source is for the given enquiry
ANALYSIS Make an inference about the source by either picking out a direct quotation or describing the image Analyse the provenance (why might it be made? Is it propaganda? Is the date important)
CONTEXTUAL KNOWLEGDE Compare the content of the source against your own knowledge how accurate is it? Use specific detail

Also when finding the strengths or weaknesses of the source consider who wrote it, when it was written, why was it written. If it was a photograph or painting you consider the same things but different circumstances

Hope this helps! Ask if you have any questions xx
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
thank youuu xx

Original post by mariamwho
Use the acronym JACK
Two paragraphs one about source A and one about Source B

JUDGEMENT State how useful the source is for the given enquiry
ANALYSIS Make an inference about the source by either picking out a direct quotation or describing the image Analyse the provenance (why might it be made? Is it propaganda? Is the date important)
CONTEXTUAL KNOWLEGDE Compare the content of the source against your own knowledge how accurate is it? Use specific detail

Also when finding the strengths or weaknesses of the source consider who wrote it, when it was written, why was it written. If it was a photograph or painting you consider the same things but different circumstances

Hope this helps! Ask if you have any questions xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending