The Student Room Group

TW: why did my breasts grow when I am anorexic?

As in I have anorexia and I was wondering why my breasts grew and even fit an AA cup?
Puberty slows when you are underweight, but it doesn't stop completely.

What I would urge you to do is seek professional support for your eating disorder before you end up with chronic conditions or permanent complications (like osteoporosis) as a result. The best way to do this is to visit your GP. If it isn't possible for you to seek support or confide in someone in your personal life about this, I would instead recommend seeking online support and guidance.

Don't struggle in silence when there are people that would like to and are willing to help you. You might not see the importance of it now, but if you listen to stories about people who have beaten anorexia and how bad it can get (such as hospitalisation because of organ failure), I hope you can understand how imperative it is to seek treatment before it worsens. Your body will fight back if you don't take care of it, so please look after yourself, your health and your future self.
Reply 2
Original post by SagaciousSag

What I would urge you to do is seek professional support for your eating disorder before you end up with chronic conditions or permanent complications (like osteoporosis) as a result. The best way to do this is to visit your GP. If it isn't possible for you to seek support or confide in someone in your personal life about this, I would instead recommend seeking online support and guidance.

Don't struggle in silence when there are people that would like to and are willing to help you. You might not see the importance of it now, but if you listen to stories about people who have beaten anorexia and how bad it can get (such as hospitalisation because of organ failure), I hope you can understand how imperative it is to seek treatment before it worsens. Your body will fight back if you don't take care of it, so please look after yourself, your health and your future self.

PSROM
Reply 3
Original post by SagaciousSag

The thing is when I was younger around the age of 7 I was 19.1kg and was referred to a growth clinic and when I was 8/9 I was starting to go through puberty and I was short in height as well like around 121cm and when I was 8/9 I realised I was going through puberty very quickly and my breasts and everything grew and then I started my period at the age of 10. I have been underweight since birth and I was born with Russell Silver syndrome which is a growth disorder causing digestive issues and that causes the same symptoms as what anorexia causes. My bone age was delayed when I was younger and when I was 8/9 as I didn't get treatment for my growth disorder, my bone age became advanced and was older than my actual age of 8, and now my bones are fused and will never catch up to my actual chronological age of 22 again. My weight now is roughly 30kg without any issues with constipation (Russell Silver syndrome causes issues and even when I was below 19.1kg when I was 7 still had an issue with constipation and no amount of medicine or changing diet helped) and that's the highest and my height is 142.5cm. As you can see I also didn't grow in height that much and that weight from 19.1kg to 30kg is likely puberty weight.
Reply 4
Because hormones

Quick Reply

Latest