The Student Room Group

Failed year 12 Maths How can I turn it around?

I got a U in my pure AS maths mock.
I really want an A* in year 13 any advice?
Reply 1
Are you going to all your lessons? Do you understand the work? You need to go to all the lessons and if you're not getting it then you need to speak to your teacher every time you're not sure. Get the CPG book and use that to help you revise, keep reading over the material during the holidays to help keep it in your memory, do the practise questions. Go on the physics and maths tutor website and practice using the questions there. Go on youtube and search for teachers going over the maths syllabus - you need to understand the material for this to be helpful though. Look up past papers for your exam board and do them all for the past few years before your real exams. Most importantly though go to all your lessons and practice as much as you can.
Reply 2
Original post by JackSan123
Are you going to all your lessons? Do you understand the work? You need to go to all the lessons and if you're not getting it then you need to speak to your teacher every time you're not sure. Get the CPG book and use that to help you revise, keep reading over the material during the holidays to help keep it in your memory, do the practise questions. Go on the physics and maths tutor website and practice using the questions there. Go on youtube and search for teachers going over the maths syllabus - you need to understand the material for this to be helpful though. Look up past papers for your exam board and do them all for the past few years before your real exams. Most importantly though go to all your lessons and practice as much as you can.

Thank you so much
Reply 3
bump
Reply 4
i got a u in my maths y12 mock, is it possible to get a B/A in my actual a level in y13. I'm going to have to work my butt off over the summer but I just want a realistic expectation?
Reply 5
Original post by alevelyikes
i got a u in my maths y12 mock, is it possible to get a B/A in my actual a level in y13. I'm going to have to work my butt off over the summer but I just want a realistic expectation?

Heya!

There is still time so it is possible if you work very hard on your grades starting asap. If it helps, Study Mind has free resources you can use to boost your grades!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest