The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Admissions Problem, Former Essays

Hey I am trying to apply for postgraduate English Literature study but all the universities are requiring I submit assessed versions of 3000+ word essays.. I didn't save any of these when I left uni, just didn't occur to me (obvs kicking myself now) and my uni didn't set that many long essays either.. I have un-assessed copies of a few examples of work but that's it. I have contacted my old uni and the specific school and they can't offer me anything. I am panicking I will never be able to continue with my education because I don't have examples!

Has anyone else been in this position, is there a way around this?
Original post by ithestud
Hey I am trying to apply for postgraduate English Literature study but all the universities are requiring I submit assessed versions of 3000+ word essays.. I didn't save any of these when I left uni, just didn't occur to me (obvs kicking myself now) and my uni didn't set that many long essays either.. I have un-assessed copies of a few examples of work but that's it. I have contacted my old uni and the specific school and they can't offer me anything. I am panicking I will never be able to continue with my education because I don't have examples!
Has anyone else been in this position, is there a way around this?
Hello!:hello:

If your university used Turnitin for their hand ins then you should be able to log in to the Turnitin website with your university email and view any submissions you have previously made!

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there is anything else!:lol:

Hannah :h:
DMU Student Rep
MSc Psychological Wellbeing
Reply 2
Original post by De Montfort University
Hello!:hello:
If your university used Turnitin for their hand ins then you should be able to log in to the Turnitin website with your university email and view any submissions you have previously made!
I hope this helps! Please let me know if there is anything else!:lol:
Hannah :h:
DMU Student Rep
MSc Psychological Wellbeing

Hi, that option wasn't available for me as I left 3 years ago. I contacted all my teachers and didn't have fully marked assignments to submit but my dissertation supervisor wrote me a letter to support the drafts I did have and I have been accepted by the university!
Original post by ithestud
Hi, that option wasn't available for me as I left 3 years ago. I contacted all my teachers and didn't have fully marked assignments to submit but my dissertation supervisor wrote me a letter to support the drafts I did have and I have been accepted by the university!

Hello👋🏻

I am so please to hear that you were accepted by your university! Best of luck for the future!!😊

Hannah🐄
DMU Student Rep
MSc Psychological Well-being🧠

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending