The Student Room Group

Understanding grading for access courses

Hi,
This is the uni’s requirements to get onto the course I need “Pass with 60 credits overall. At least 45 credits at level 3 with 30 credits at merit or distinction (of which 18 must be in a science subject)”
I am doing a Science access course. I have two questions;
1) how does this get marked if you need 60 credits to pass the course?(if I have understood that)
2) would this be difficult to achieve with someone who has no science experience?
For each unit you complete of each subject on your course, you'll get a certain amount of credits, which will eventually add up to 60 credits. If you complete an assignment that is worth 3 credits and you get a distinction, that will be 3 credits at distinction, and so on with every other assignment, and these are graded by your teachers

It's achievable if you put the work in, in my college we have the healthcare course and social sciences course, and it's very rare that people get grades lower than a merit after the first unit or two.
If you have good teachers and you're willing ro put in the study time, you can smash it
Original post by Misssmith99
Hi,
This is the uni’s requirements to get onto the course I need “Pass with 60 credits overall. At least 45 credits at level 3 with 30 credits at merit or distinction (of which 18 must be in a science subject)”
I am doing a Science access course. I have two questions;
1) how does this get marked if you need 60 credits to pass the course?(if I have understood that)
2) would this be difficult to achieve with someone who has no science experience?
Hi I am studying the exact same course higher to access HE radiography. Do you have any tips on how I can get my assignments to distinction level. It would really help and be appreciated. I am weary about entry requirements too at the moment.
Reply 3
Original post by Aisha12344
Hi I am studying the exact same course higher to access HE radiography. Do you have any tips on how I can get my assignments to distinction level. It would really help and be appreciated. I am weary about entry requirements too at the moment.

Hi, I’m now done with my course and the best thing I can say is try to use a range of sources that you require and break down the question in hand. Just using different sources means you will elaborate naturally, and help you to fully understand what you need to do. Hope that helps slightly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending