The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Official City, University of London 2022 Applicant Thread

Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to City, University of London for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I am applying for Law. I currently study A Levels in Law,Sociology and Psychology!
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I am applying for Law. I currently study A Levels in Law,Sociology and Psychology!

Best of luck! I'm a current first-year law student at City - feel free to ask any questions you might have. :h:
Original post by RazzzBerries
Best of luck! I'm a current first-year law student at City - feel free to ask any questions you might have. :h:

Great! If you don't mind me asking, did you move to London for University or are you from London?
Great! If you don't mind me asking, did you move to London for University or are you from London?

I'm from London - a commuter student! Would you be moving to London?
I'm from London - a commuter student! Would you be moving to London?

Yes I would be!
Yes I would be!

Awhhh great! I have limited knowledge of accommodation but there's one building right opposite The City Law School, where we spend a lot of time and it's very close to the main university building. Of course, there are other student blocks but I think if you apply then this might need to be the one you put down!
(Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions, or you can just post on here if you'd rather keep your anonymity :h: )
Edit: It's called Arbour House
(edited 2 years ago)
Awhhh great! I have limited knowledge of accommodation but there's a one building right opposite The City Law School, where we spend a lot of time and it's very close to the main university building. Of course, there's other student blocks but I think if you apply then this might need to be the one you put down!
(Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions, or you can just post on here if you'd rather keep your anonymity :h: )
Edit: It's called Arbour House

Thank you so much! 😊
Thank you so much! 😊

No worries :h:
Hi, I am applying for Accounting and Finance. Currently studying maths, economics, sociology.

Is anyone else applying for the same course?!
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to City, University of London for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here

Hi, I am applying for Accounting and Finance. Currently studying maths, economics, sociology.

Is anyone else applying for the same course?!
are many people moving or commuting?
Hi! Im applying for PPE, and currently taking A Levels in History, Economics & Math.
I'm applying for Accounting and Finance.
currently taking A levels in Maths, Economics and Sociology

Hi,

I am currently a final year LLB Law student at City, University of London. Feel free to ask any questions that you might have. Alternatively, we have a dedicated forum for those applying to City to study law. Click the link here.
Original post by Anisa-CityUoL
Hi,

I am currently a final year LLB Law student at City, University of London. Feel free to ask any questions that you might have. Alternatively, we have a dedicated forum for those applying to City to study law. Click the link here.

Hi do more ppl commute or live out?
Original post by xcxvb1234
Hi do more ppl commute or live out?

Hi @xcxvb1234 Hope you are doing well.

It really depends on people's circumstances and due to the current situation we are in. I commute to university as I live very local and live with my parents as I find it easier. I have friends who stayed in accommodation during year 1 of the course. However, due to Covid and having lessons online there tends to be more students who commute to university as lectures are available online. That said, there are students who are currently in accommodation and prefer to have their lectures on campus.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Anisa
Hi,

I am wanting to apply to City University but unable to decide what course to do. I have narrowed it down to two choices - Optometry and Radiography/Radiotherapy. I got predicted ABB but unfortunately am one grade off for Optometry which requires AAB grade. Do you think I should still apply to the degree or do the one year foundation course which is BCC and give me an insight into the degree. Also is it possible to change courses once you have started or are you unable to?
Hi,

I am wanting to apply to City University but unable to decide what course to do. I have narrowed it down to two choices - Optometry and Radiography/Radiotherapy. I got predicted ABB but unfortunately am one grade off for Optometry which requires AAB grade. Do you think I should still apply to the degree or do the one year foundation course which is BCC and give me an insight into the degree. Also is it possible to change courses once you have started or are you unable to?

Hi,
I am one of City's Student Reps, and have just graduated from nursing.
I would say if you do not meet the entry requirements I wouldn't apply for that course directly and would apply straight for the foundation course, as this would be the more suitable option, as optometry at City is a very competitive course, so to avoid disappointment and to get the best chance of pursuing this degree I would apply for the foundation year, as you meet the entry requirements.

There is a chance to change course when started however that is done through a formal process via City and you can get more information from admissions at City if you do go down this route.

Hope this helped!

Nadia :smile:

do you feel like your being supported or no?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending