The Student Room Group

How to prepare for a levels?

So i’ve taken up computer science, maths and business as my subjects. Maths is something I am good at, however my current secondary school did not offer computer science or business so I couldn’t take them as my options. I’ve always loved computer science and am currently taking Harvard’s CS50 course, and in terms of business, I’ve always tried to find ways to make money whether it’s business deals through my social media or projects.

Although I did not take computer science and business for GCSE, will I be fine for a-levels with my current experience on those subjects.
Original post by Mxxrcell
So i’ve taken up computer science, maths and business as my subjects. Maths is something I am good at, however my current secondary school did not offer computer science or business so I couldn’t take them as my options. I’ve always loved computer science and am currently taking Harvard’s CS50 course, and in terms of business, I’ve always tried to find ways to make money whether it’s business deals through my social media or projects.

Although I did not take computer science and business for GCSE, will I be fine for a-levels with my current experience on those subjects.

Hi @Mxxrcell

Sounds like you're making a great start preparing for your A Levels. Like you're already doing, I would suggest easing yourself into these new subjects before you start by familiarizing yourself with the subjects. You don't need to be an expert or spend your summer trying to learn everything about the subjects, but spending a bit of time looking over some relevant content could be helpful. Maybe watching some business oriented tv shows or documentaries, or continuing with the computer science course you're already doing.

Your knowledge of Math with most likely help you out too, so I wouldn't worry. And remember to have a proper break too over the summer.
Hope this helps,
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU

Quick Reply

Latest