The Student Room Group

Struggling with no contact

Only a week into I completely stopped all contact with my ex. Well he messaged me and I didn’t reply.

I’ve been fine for the past week but it all hit my like a tonne of bricks tonight. I know it’s not been long but it’s so hard. I’m just waiting on a message from him and it never comes? Breaking my heart.
Reply 1
Hang on what? He sent you a message which you ignored. So essentially it’s your turn to respond.

Either you get on with it and do no context or message him. However you’ve clearly broken up for a reason, so the best thing is to let go.
Reply 2
yeah how r u waiting for a message when u just left him on delivered
Reply 3
It was a sort of final message that didn’t really need a response. It would have upset me even more if I replied and he never responded back. So for my own good I just didn’t reply.

It’s not that either of us wanted the breakup but he had some personal things he needs to work on, and says he needs to fully take himself out of the situation to work on this.
Original post by Anonymous
Hang on what? He sent you a message which you ignored. So essentially it’s your turn to respond.

Either you get on with it and do no context or message him. However you’ve clearly broken up for a reason, so the best thing is to let go.
It was a sort of final message that didn’t really need a response. It would have upset me even more if I replied and he never responded back. So for my own good I just didn’t reply.

It’s not that either of us wanted the breakup but he had some personal things he needs to work on, and says he needs to fully take himself out of the situation to work on this.

I think you should allow him the time to do so. Otherwise things won't work out anyway.
You say it was for your own good not to reply, it's still for your own good then unless things have been resolved.

If it's meant to be you will find your way back to each other.

I have been through break ups and thought at the time nothing could be worse and I would never recover. But I did an where my life is now I wouldn't change it. Time is a great healer, what seems enormous today might not tomorrow, or in a week, month or year
Reply 5

He wanted the break-up as he's not interested in you supporting him through this, as someone would do in a healthy relationship.

If it's no contact, block him.
Sorry to hear this. Hope you'd find a way out and restore relations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending