The Student Room Group

Childcare grant/universal credit

Hi, my application for the childcare grant was rejected which I find crazy as I have an 8 month old baby who would need nursery full time when I return back to uni in September. Universal credit said I wouldn’t receive it as I am a student but have been rejected from the childcare grant assumin because my partner earns £33,000 which just covers our bills and rent.

Is this standard then if you’re a full time student , your partner earns over the threshold you get no financial help from UC and SFE for childcare ? So I will have to give up my degree 🤷*♀️
Original post by Lmfletcher19
Hi, my application for the childcare grant was rejected which I find crazy as I have an 8 month old baby who would need nursery full time when I return back to uni in September. Universal credit said I wouldn’t receive it as I am a student but have been rejected from the childcare grant assumin because my partner earns £33,000 which just covers our bills and rent.

Is this standard then if you’re a full time student , your partner earns over the threshold you get no financial help from UC and SFE for childcare ? So I will have to give up my degree 🤷*♀️

Hi there,

We can take any potential changes in your partner's income into account.

For example, does he expect his income to drop by more than 15% in the 23/24 tax year?

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending