The Student Room Group

Student finance haven’t paid my second year maintenance loan

Hello everyone, So I applied for tuition and maintenance loan for the 4 years I’m going to be at the university. I applied for this as son of an Eu migrant worker and I’ve been in this country for 5 years now. In the first year, both tuition and maintenance fee was paid. This second year instead, only the tuition fee was paid and for the maintenance I was told to provide few paper works which I provided. Then they asked for my NI and told me that was the final paperwork’s and they won’t need anything again so I should wait. Two weeks later I received an email saying that my living circumstances has changed and I am no more eligible for finance because I have proved that I am not dependent on my Eu family member which is very strage because my living circumstances haven’t change and I’m still in the same conditions I was when it was the first year. This is very confusing and they’re not telling me what exactly they found or how they came to that conclusion. I have sent an appeal for them to look into the matter. Please any information or advice will help and I’m going through it at the moment. Thank you
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Themanthelegendm
Hello everyone, So I applied for tuition and maintenance loan for the 4 years I’m going to be at the university. I applied for this as son of an Eu migrant worker and I’ve been in this country for 5 years now. In the first year, both tuition and maintenance fee was paid. This second year instead, only the tuition fee was paid and for the maintenance I was told to provide few paper works which I provided. Then they asked for my NI and told me that was the final paperwork’s and they won’t need anything again so I should wait. Two weeks later I received an email saying that my living circumstances has changed and I am no more eligible for finance because I have proved that I am not dependent on my Eu family member which is very strage because my living circumstances haven’t change and I’m still in the same conditions I was when it was the first year. This is very confusing and they’re not telling me what exactly they found or how they came to that conclusion. I have sent an appeal for them to look into the matter. Please any information or advice will help and I’m going through it at the moment. Thank you

Hi there,

It would be best to access your account so we can check this. We'd recommend sending us a live chat on your account and one of our team will be able to help.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
Hello,
I logged into my account as you suggested but unfortunately, I couldn’t find the live chat option. Please I really need with this situation. Thank you very much for your time and patience.
Hello , please how do I send the live chat??

Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

It would be best to access your account so we can check this. We'd recommend sending us a live chat on your account and one of our team will be able to help.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
Original post by Themanthelegendm
Hello , please how do I send the live chat??

To access our live chat select undergraduate and then contact us. From here you will be able to use our live chat service when it is available. 👉 Sign in: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login You can also access live chat via the inbox on your online account.

The live chat function will be available Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:30 this pops up when logged onto your account

Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending