The Student Room Group

PIP and student finance

hi! I had to temporarily withdraw from university in April (I was in 2nd year) due to an illness that has left me classified as disabled. I now receive max amount of PIP and want to return to uni in September 2024 so am trying to sort my accommodation out and how much I can afford. Will my PIP and student finance decrease next year or am I entitled to both? I normally got maximum student loan too as I’m from a low income single parent household. Thank you
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by danae02
hi! I had to temporarily withdraw from university in April (I was in 2nd year) due to an illness that has left me classified as disabled. I now receive max amount of PIP and want to return to uni in September 2024 so am trying to sort my accommodation out and how much I can afford. Will my PIP and student finance decrease next year or am I entitled to both? I normally got maximum student loan too as I’m from a low income single parent household. Thank you

Hi Danae,

Will you be studying for the full year and is it the same course you're applying to? Also, did you have an overpayment from your previous suspension? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Danae,

Will you be studying for the full year and is it the same course you're applying to? Also, did you have an overpayment from your previous suspension? Thanks, Jason

Hello,

Apologies I only just saw this. Yes I had an overpayment which I’ve already paid back, so I’m ready to go back to the same course in September. It will be my final year.
Original post by danae02
Hello,

Apologies I only just saw this. Yes I had an overpayment which I’ve already paid back, so I’m ready to go back to the same course in September. It will be my final year.

Hi there,

Can you confirm how long your course is normally? How many years previous study have you done?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Can you confirm how long your course is normally? How many years previous study have you done?

Thanks,
Claire

Hello,

My course is normally 4 years as it contains a year abroad which I was meant to be on this year. I temporarily withdrew in term 3 of my second year (April 2023) so will go back for my final year in September.
Hi danae02.

You will be able to get full funding for the remaining year of your course as you do not have any repeat years. Your maintenance loan will not decrease seeing as you have already paid back the overpayment incurred from your previous withdrawal. You may also be eligible for an uplift to your maintenance loan if you can send us evidence that you will be receiving PIP during the academic year - the is known as the "Special Support Element".

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending