The Student Room Group

First year for the third time?

I went to Uni X and stayed for a semester, the course was not for me and I was dealing with mental health issues so I dropped out. I'm currently at Uni Y, just finished my first year there and was planning to stick out my degree as I'm in a better place and I love the course. The Uni has recently come under fire as they are restructuring the course and making a lot of staff redundant. We're not sure what's happening yet or what the changes will encompass, but it seems like the course will be generally worse in terms of contact with staff, resources, and student support. I'm unsure what to do, but a lot of people are considering dropping out and moving Uni, but most people are in their 1st year for the first time while this is my 2nd go at 1st year.

Do I have the option to start Uni again at another University? Will I definitely have to fund it myself? What exactly would that look like in terms of cost?
Original post by Marxbot
I went to Uni X and stayed for a semester, the course was not for me and I was dealing with mental health issues so I dropped out. I'm currently at Uni Y, just finished my first year there and was planning to stick out my degree as I'm in a better place and I love the course. The Uni has recently come under fire as they are restructuring the course and making a lot of staff redundant. We're not sure what's happening yet or what the changes will encompass, but it seems like the course will be generally worse in terms of contact with staff, resources, and student support. I'm unsure what to do, but a lot of people are considering dropping out and moving Uni, but most people are in their 1st year for the first time while this is my 2nd go at 1st year.

Do I have the option to start Uni again at another University? Will I definitely have to fund it myself? What exactly would that look like in terms of cost?

You will probably have to fund the first year yourself but check up with student finance in case there is a way around it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending