The Student Room Group

believable excuse

So I am going on holiday 3 days early before my college holidays start. I have done everything academic wise as i do btechs and will start new units next year - at the moment it is just personal statements workshops and research tasks.
One problem is that as i am applying for university, we will get our predicted grades on the last day and i won't be here so i need an excuse to allow them to send me my grades instead of coming in to collect them; a good relevant reason to miss college for the last 3 days.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So I am going on holiday 3 days early before my college holidays start. I have done everything academic wise as i do btechs and will start new units next year - at the moment it is just personal statements workshops and research tasks.
One problem is that as i am applying for university, we will get our predicted grades on the last day and i won't be here so i need an excuse to allow them to send me my grades instead of coming in to collect them; a good relevant reason to miss college for the last 3 days.

Calling in sick should work, most colleges won’t mind absences so much at the end of term, especially once all of the work is done. Try saying you’re ill and ask for an email or teams message with the predicted grades!
Reply 2
Original post by MissMathematix
Calling in sick should work, most colleges won’t mind absences so much at the end of term, especially once all of the work is done. Try saying you’re ill and ask for an email or teams message with the predicted grades!

Food poisoning? - but wouldn't they like ask or confirmation that I've made a drs appointment or something?
cant you say a family emergency? surely they cant pry that way?
Food poisoning? - but wouldn't they like ask or confirmation that I've made a drs appointment or something?
Reply 4
say that you have food poisoning causing diarrhoea and vomiting. you dont need to normally book a GP appt coz its self explanatory if u have it. if they want evidence threaten them to send pics of ur vom and poo.
I did that last year and was off the whole week :wink:
Reply 5

Why can't you just be honest? You'll likely get caught as someone will blab
Reply 6
Original post by oxfordthrowaway
cant you say a family emergency? surely they cant pry that way?

They may want details like what kind....I've already killed of my grandparents 😭
Reply 7
Original post by hanisingha
say that you have food poisoning causing diarrhoea and vomiting. you dont need to normally book a GP appt coz its self explanatory if u have it. if they want evidence threaten them to send pics of ur vom and poo.
I did that last year and was off the whole week :wink:

I- SLAYYYY heheh tenks
Reply 8
Original post by Muttley79
Why can't you just be honest? You'll likely get caught as someone will blab

because they won't give my predicted grades I need to apply to uni; threatend to lower them...
so unserious I cant lmao
They may want details like what kind....I've already killed of my grandparents 😭
Reply 10
so unserious I cant lmao

pls your username 😭

Spoiler

Reply 11
because they won't give my predicted grades I need to apply to uni; threatend to lower them...

this is some mested up college
where the hell u go???
JF ZAK
Reply 12
Original post by JF ZAK
this is some mested up college
where the hell u go???
JF ZAK

one in a messed up city (;
Reply 13
pls your username 😭

Spoiler

hahhahaha
the guy got u
now whose lmao
hahahaha cant stop i'm ding
😭😭😭😭😭🫢🫢🫢😁😁😆😆😆😅😅🤣😂😂
JF ZAK
Reply 14
one in a messed up city (;

no wonder
but these kind of cities 'n' colleges are bulindin
and increasin
JF ZAK
good one 😜
Reply 15

Get that in writing and complain -

Technically you should ask for permission as missing school isn't a right.
surprisingly no, I actually gave up on the Oxford dream and applied to cambridge and then gave up on the cambridge dream lmao.
pls your username 😭

Spoiler

Reply 17
Original post by Muttley79
Get that in writing and complain -

Technically you should ask for permission as missing school isn't a right.

what if its emergency
u just gonna wait
logic bro
Reply 18
surprisingly no, I actually gave up on the Oxford dream and applied to cambridge and then gave up on the cambridge dream lmao.

thts kind of stupid
depends why though
🧐🧐😩
theres more to life than a good uni tbh
Original post by JF ZAK
thts kind of stupid
depends why though
🧐🧐😩

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending