The Student Room Group

should i get rejected to move on?

im in love with this boy. ive liked him for about 3 years now, but im like 99% certain he doesnt like me back. we're quite close, hes often said im either someone he trusts the most/ someone he trusts a lot. we've told each other secrets. i also have a suspicion he knows that i like him. but either way, i dont think he likes me in any romantic setting at all - looking at his past ex's (flings?) i can see im the complete opposite to those girls. and im not really someone whos pretty or attractive. id say im a little below average, nothing stunning about me or my personality. i was thinking of just confessing and asking him to reject me because at this point it just hurts and i want to move on, but is this the right move?
Reply 1
Hang on, you love him, you like him, he doesn't like you back but you're close?

You just sound young and immature, and that's even reflected in you thinking of asking someone to reject you! That's very unfair to put that on someone. Sort yourself out; you aren't as interested in him as you make out because you're putting up barriers.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Hang on, you love him, you like him, he doesn't like you back but you're close?

You just sound young and immature, and that's even reflected in you thinking of asking someone to reject you! That's very unfair to put that on someone. Sort yourself out; you aren't as interested in him as you make out because you're putting up barriers.

its the first time ive ever liked someone this much but i am young. i really do believe i like him a lot but theres no realstic future between us. by barriers what do you mean? have i just deluded myself into believing its love? i dont want to end up hurting him, if thats what confessing and asking him to rehect me will do. i dont think i was really seeing it from his perspective though
Just be honest and try to be halfway sure, of what you are doing. For example, if you do not see any future, I would not bother. If you prefer to keep him as a friend, be sure, what path you choose, because he might choose to distance himself from you, to not give you hopes or to not complicate something or to not hurt somebody else by hanging with you. But do not talk yourself down, he decides, whether you are attractive enough, not you. It is good to be careful and considerate (prevents you from getting into stupid situations), but you do not need to be anxious or shy, because that will hold you back.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1
its the first time ive ever liked someone this much but i am young. i really do believe i like him a lot but theres no realstic future between us. by barriers what do you mean? have i just deluded myself into believing its love? i dont want to end up hurting him, if thats what confessing and asking him to rehect me will do. i dont think i was really seeing it from his perspective though

Barriers meaning you're making excuses as to why he wouldn't be interested in you, like 'not being pretty'; do you think only pretty girls get boyfriends? What's 'pretty', anyway?

Either accept that you have the gift of a very good friend or leave him alone, which is a poor option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending