The Student Room Group

Finding motivation

Hi I’m really struggling to find motivation right now,
My exams are in less than 20 days but I feels so hopeless i tell myself not to try.

Does anyone have tips to stay motivated ??
Deep down I really do care about my grades and academic achievements but I never work as hard as I used to when I was younger….
I really just want 3 A’s at this point 🥲

Any tips ?!
Sorry about the rant .
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 1
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. To be honest I think in my case, and possibly yours, it is because of fear of failure.
Try not to think about the standards you want to meet and focus on making progress now while you can. I assume you are doing A-Levels? Just think your first exam may be in less than 20 days, but there is much longer until your last one. There is time.
If you mess up your first exam, that's a few topics you can erase from your mind and you can still get a good grade focusing on the next topics

Do the best you can, but if you don't get 3 As there are still plenty of opportunities for you.
If you haven't started yet, you could do some AS or multiple-choice questions to build your confidence and then work on what you really need to improve - that helped me a little.
Reply 2
Original post by jjeeeeeea
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. To be honest I think in my case, and possibly yours, it is because of fear of failure.
Try not to think about the standards you want to meet and focus on making progress now while you can. I assume you are doing A-Levels? Just think your first exam may be in less than 20 days, but there is much longer until your last one. There is time.
If you mess up your first exam, that's a few topics you can erase from your mind and you can still get a good grade focusing on the next topics

Do the best you can, but if you don't get 3 As there are still plenty of opportunities for you.
If you haven't started yet, you could do some AS or multiple-choice questions to build your confidence and then work on what you really need to improve - that helped me a little.

🥹this was so comforting to read, thank you so much.

you’re right I still have time to get a decent grade and although I’m definitely scared if failure ig I’ll just have to embrace it and use it as my drive.

thank you so much for the advice I feel so much more positive. 🥲
Reply 3
Original post by Tryingmybest27
🥹this was so comforting to read, thank you so much.

you’re right I still have time to get a decent grade and although I’m definitely scared if failure ig I’ll just have to embrace it and use it as my drive.

thank you so much for the advice I feel so much more positive. 🥲

Also good luck to you too with your exams !☺️ we can get through this!
Reply 4
Original post by Tryingmybest27
Also good luck to you too with your exams !☺️ we can get through this!

Thank you so much :smile: good luck! I believe in you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending