The Student Room Group

I have a problem

Hello everyone,

I take computer science a level, along with sociology and history. So far my exams have gone really well, especially sociology. However, my third subject is computer science.

I had my first exam for it on monday and i absolutely flopped. Partly my fault because i didnt revise properly for it.

My second exam is next monday, it's on algorithms and programming, very technical and logical.

But....

I am NOT a maths-y person. I took it at the start of yr 12 and had to drop it early on because i was consistently failing every test, i wasnt getting any of the concepts. I enjoy essay based subjects where it's written knowledge, that's what i'm good at. NOT logic and maths.

But if i dont do extra well on this exam on monday, i'll probably fail the course, because i didnt do well on paper 1. I have no idea where to start my revision.

I did really well in the mocks, which gave me false confidence that i was good at it, but i screwed up paper 1 and all my confidence is now gine. I'm back to the mindset that i "cant do it and am naturally not a maths person"

I have no idea what to do. Please can someone advise me whats the best thing fir me to do in order to get out if my mindset of failure, and do well on the next test.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Do you have practice papers or questions you could do?
If so go through those and look at the mark schemes and practice any topics you got half marks or less on using your notes
Reply 2
If the content is too complicated to understand try to find websites that have summarised notes for it. If not, for me personally, quizlet has always helped or use knowunity or studysmarter where people post their notes to help others. The other really important thing is to practice practice practice. Keep looking at practice questions and markschemes or even videos till you get the hang of it. Lastly, try to keep positive and do not panic, everything must pass and this will too :smile: Hope that helps

Quick Reply

Latest