The Student Room Group

How likely am I to get into medical school?

I am a straight A student, with A&E work experience, volunteering, good ucat scores and a good personal statement. What is the rough chance of me actually getting into a medical school?
Original post by Dan05
I am a straight A student, with A&E work experience, volunteering, good ucat scores and a good personal statement. What is the rough chance of me actually getting into a medical school?

what ucat score exactly? Good as in average or good as in 2800+?
Reply 2
Original post by Dan05

Hi Dan, it's great to see you have plenty of experience and are hard-working student! From your comment, I am making the assumption that you were unsuccessful for 2023 entry. Please make sure you are aware that your personal statement and UCAT score that you sat for the 2023 entry will not be applicable for 2024 entry and you will have to rewrite personal statement and resit UCAT.

If you are a year 13 students and taking a gap year, the best thing to focus on are your A levels and ensuring you are getting minimum AAA but also ideally A*AA as the minimum grade requirements for most medical schools are now A*AA. You then will have the opportunity to focus on your application based on UCAT (exams for 2024 entry will start soon so make sure to register).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending