The Student Room Group

tampons

okay... im at the grand age of 20 and i am yet to be able to get a tampon in and its starting to worry me.
im very much a legal v*rgin however had a questionable childhood and the whole tampon situation is making me question whether ill be able to or not when i find a partner

any words of wisdom/hope?
Tampons can be a real pain and it legit took me years to figure out what worked for me, so you are not alone! I would recommend trying a different type of tampon. I have major issues with tampax, and applicator tampons in general, I can always feel it and most of the time it feels like its about to pop out! I am a big fan of the Lil-Lets brand non-applicator tampons, altho they are a little fiddly they are much smaller and far more manageable imo. That would be my first suggestion but if you’ve already tried it or you find that it doesn’t work I would suggest seeing a gyno to get some more insight into whats going on. Tbh it could also be the stress of trying to get a tampon in and what it could mean if you can’t get it in that might be causing your muscles to involuntarily tense up making it even harder for the tampon to go in? If that somewhat resonates with you I would try taking deep breaths and really relaxing yourself before trying again. Good luck !!!
Original post by Anonymous #1
okay... im at the grand age of 20 and i am yet to be able to get a tampon in and its starting to worry me.
im very much a legal v*rgin however had a questionable childhood and the whole tampon situation is making me question whether ill be able to or not when i find a partner

Maybe a tampon is not your thing. I’ve always started with a tampon ever since I started my period when I was 14. It’s really not too scary or at least for me it wasn’t, but I’ve seen a lot of women just prefer pads or cups. If it’s not comfortable to you then don’t worry about it. Sex it going to be a different thing and you’ll be okay when that comes around. Just take it slow and trust yourself.

Tampons can be difficult at first but very worth it from my experience! For a lot of people the angle you’re putting it in can be a problem, since lots feel inclined to put it straight up or directly towards your back- it’s actually more of a diagonal..
There’s a pretty good Wikihow article about it that helped me out when I first started using them, so I’d recommend checking that out. The article also touches on the ‘virginity aspect’ so might help your last question, but in short, you should be fine on that front! 😆

Good luck!

i tried one and it shot up like a bullet, the pain was so horrific. dont worry girl if tampons dont work for you just stick to something else or ask someone to put it in for you

Quick Reply

Latest