The Student Room Group

What if I'm one grade over and one grade under my conditional offer requirements?

Let's say for example I get a conditional offer to get BBB.
And let's say I achieve ABC.
Does this mean I would have little/no chance to get in due to the C? And would I only be capped to universities with entry requirements of BBC?

I hope someone can answer, Thanks!
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
It depends.
If the offer asks for UCAS points rather than grades then it would be fine.
If the course asks for specific grades but has spaces once the results are all in, then it may well be fine. Many courses will accept 'near miss grades' especially in a nonrelated A level. If its a popular course and is filled by student who meet the condittions of the offer then you would be rejected.

But no one can say for sure until the results are in.
(edited 10 months ago)
I know that people who did not meet the requirements at my college the senior lecturer put in a case with the university to see if they can get a chance.

I know of one person who got a position for paramedics after my lecturer submitted a case but she did pass with the requirements just not at interview due to pressures.

I'd perhaps speak to your course leader and get them to do a letter of support if the grades are not met.
Original post by Russellmuscle09
I'd perhaps speak to your course leader and get them to do a letter of support if the grades are not met.

Uni's get AL results ahead of students. There should already be a decision on Hub by the time the OP knows what grades they've gotten.

No need for begging letters :smile:
Original post by Admit-One
Uni's get AL results ahead of students. There should already be a decision on Hub by the time the OP knows what grades they've gotten.

No need for begging letters :smile:

Oh, then the people at my course must be on to plums then by my course leader writing to them.

I did get a decision for an offer along with conditions of the grades being met. My offer was given March but final grades for us was June. Therefore for some conditions were not met.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending