The Student Room Group

Really worried after that Physics Paper 2 exam…

Hello,

I am currently a bit of a hot mess after that exam…while I did quite well on the first paper for Physics I definitely don’t think I did as well on this one and what I’m extremely worried about is me not getting a 7 for my Physics GCSE to get me into my desired sixth form(s) as both require it.

For some context, unfortunately due to COVID my efforts towards science were very lacklustre and it was only really in year 10 that I actually started to learn science. I’m pretty sure I got a 3 in my first in class assessment on C3? However, I did pull up my bootstraps and achieve 3 6s at the end of year 10 and in my December mocks I achieved 2 7s in Physics and Chemistry and a 6 in Biology (however I have previously got 7s/8s in in class assessments). I’ve always been a little inconsistent when it comes to my results and its definitely shown because I think for each of the science papers there was a paper I did really well on and one that I thought I didn’t do so well on. What’s now concerning me is if I’ll get a 7 in Physics for A level because in all honesty I’m not sure on how likely that’s looking. I reckon I have secured a 7 in Chemistry though - which I can then take, and would be very happy to, but what worries me is if this limits my opportunities when it comes to degrees in the future as I would preferably like to take on an engineering degree of sorts, and physics generally interests me a lot. However I can see myself maybe just getting a 6, what do you reckon the grade boundaries could roughly look like? Maybe I got around 60% give or take but having had a look at the Physics Paper 2 chat, some answers I got wrong and to be honest I’m starting to really panic…

I put in so much hard work to get to the level at which I could get a 7 however I just fear I might not get it 😣
Original post by donsterman13
Hello,

I am currently a bit of a hot mess after that exam…while I did quite well on the first paper for Physics I definitely don’t think I did as well on this one and what I’m extremely worried about is me not getting a 7 for my Physics GCSE to get me into my desired sixth form(s) as both require it.

For some context, unfortunately due to COVID my efforts towards science were very lacklustre and it was only really in year 10 that I actually started to learn science. I’m pretty sure I got a 3 in my first in class assessment on C3? However, I did pull up my bootstraps and achieve 3 6s at the end of year 10 and in my December mocks I achieved 2 7s in Physics and Chemistry and a 6 in Biology (however I have previously got 7s/8s in in class assessments). I’ve always been a little inconsistent when it comes to my results and its definitely shown because I think for each of the science papers there was a paper I did really well on and one that I thought I didn’t do so well on. What’s now concerning me is if I’ll get a 7 in Physics for A level because in all honesty I’m not sure on how likely that’s looking. I reckon I have secured a 7 in Chemistry though - which I can then take, and would be very happy to, but what worries me is if this limits my opportunities when it comes to degrees in the future as I would preferably like to take on an engineering degree of sorts, and physics generally interests me a lot. However I can see myself maybe just getting a 6, what do you reckon the grade boundaries could roughly look like? Maybe I got around 60% give or take but having had a look at the Physics Paper 2 chat, some answers I got wrong and to be honest I’m starting to really panic…

I put in so much hard work to get to the level at which I could get a 7 however I just fear I might not get it 😣

I don’t think there’s any point worrying about it right now. There’ll be people who sat that paper who knew barely anything, didn’t revise at all, etc, but they’re not on here discussing their answers so all you can see is the people who are.
Reply 2
i also think i did crap, ur not alone
like in class, 7 and 8s but with these science gcses i was on trak with bio and chem but i feel physics will weigh me down heavily - i missed out questions which i never do...
i do combined but still i did baaad, and i need a 7
grade boundaries will be close to 2019s btw
listen, i get u, witht he answer stuff. with maths too, i looked at stuff and freakin pankied cuz i got nothing compared to theirs BUT theyre probs wrong k? what, maybe 3 4 people got similar answers out of 100000 other kids? itll be fine, trust me. and theyre all saying how it easy and nice it was, making other people who didnt do good rlly bad. just ignore them and stuff...
what u need to think now is, shush. ive done what ive done now. I cannot chnage anything, itll hurt but u just needa accept. dont hurt urself like that, gcses r done (well almost i got 2 left ughh) but now ur free for a few months, relax and take it easy...ChIlL, okay? Okay??? dw about it, trust me.
maybe u could try to resit? dw tho, when one door closes many more open.....you have many opportunites out there, fellow gcse person/student, youll be okay... : )
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Teribblestudent
I don’t think there’s any point worrying about it right now. There’ll be people who sat that paper who knew barely anything, didn’t revise at all, etc, but they’re not on here discussing their answers so all you can see is the people who are.

Maybe it’s because I do triple but usually people who do triple revise? Maybe not the case with combined so much (not to say people don’t but people who take triple usually take it because they’re passionate)
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by donsterman13
Maybe it’s because I do triple but usually people who do triple revise? Maybe not the case with combined so much

Yeah but there’ll be people who don’t do well, especially at GCSE

Quick Reply

Latest