The Student Room Group

University of Warwick medicine 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

hi guys - for anyone that has firmed their warwick offer, where are you thinking for accommodation? Is there are preferable off campus ones?
Hi all - I have a ground floor bedroom in a 5 bed house that needs a girl!! You will have your own bathroom but it is next door rather than ensuite. Currently 4 girls there who will be starting at Warwick doing medicine in Sept. Please respond if you want anymore info and I can private message you 🙂 x
Original post by Zer0.
Withdrawn, best of luck everyone on the waitlist 🖖
Does this mean you were given an offer by Warwick but you declined?
or, you were on the waitlist and declined to accept another offer?
Original post by Cerysjones01
Hi all - I have a ground floor bedroom in a 5 bed house that needs a girl!! You will have your own bathroom but it is next door rather than ensuite. Currently 4 girls there who will be starting at Warwick doing medicine in Sept. Please respond if you want anymore info and I can private message you 🙂 x
Hi this sounds great! Please message me :smile:
Hi everyone, I'm looking to find some housemates who are starting med in September, if anyone is interested dm me and we can try to organise something!
Hi, I'd be interested! Please message me if not already filled :smile:
Has anyone had their Health and Conduct survey accepted yet? I cant accept the offer on UCAS until it is reviewed by the med school, even though i completed it over a month ago?
Original post by Brx9800
Has anyone had their Health and Conduct survey accepted yet? I cant accept the offer on UCAS until it is reviewed by the med school, even though i completed it over a month ago?
Experiencing the same issue. When I contacted them about it (weeks ago) they said this is normal.
"We are unable to give any more information regarding your questions below as it depends on the uptake of current offer holders, many of them have not made a decision and until we know if they are accepting or declining our offer we cant send out any further decisions. Their response rate varies year to year so we can’t give a time frame. All those candidates who haven’t received an offer are considered suitable to receive an offer"

--> sent an email to warwick to find ou whats going for the waitlist lot. Here's their response.
Surprised not many have responded yet.. :curious:
Original post by sunshine1541
"We are unable to give any more information regarding your questions below as it depends on the uptake of current offer holders, many of them have not made a decision and until we know if they are accepting or declining our offer we cant send out any further decisions. Their response rate varies year to year so we can’t give a time frame. All those candidates who haven’t received an offer are considered suitable to receive an offer"
--> sent an email to warwick to find ou whats going for the waitlist lot. Here's their response.
Surprised not many have responded yet.. :curious:
I imagine this will just be people waiting to hear from all of the unis they've applied for - there are quite a few schools who haven't sent decisions yet.
https://becomingdrbex.com/tag/waiting-list/

--> according to this - waiting lists may officially "close" in September...

-----------------------------
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/cy/request/warwick_medical_school_statistic?utm_campaign=alaveteli-experiments-87&utm_content=sidebar_similar_requests&utm_medium=link&utm_source=whatdotheyknow

--> and according to this (if i have understood correctly, could be wrong), 30 people were put on the waiting list in 2019-2020 and 14 were offered a position.
(and 55 were placed on the waiting list for 2020/21 and.. 0 spaces were offered?!?!)
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi can you message me? X
I'm going to stay on Tocil in first year to find some friends to move in with later on!
Does anyone have any information about possible research we can get approved on in first year? I have a really vague memory of a first year at Warwick saying they got accepted to do research and wanted to hear more about it (if its real and not my imagination)
Hi All, starting at Warwick in September! Looking for off-campus accommodation or people interested in this option. Drop me a message :smile:
hey everyone, anyone had any offers from the waitlist yet? still in that anxious panic from the first round of correspondence haha
Original post by shehrin19
hey everyone, anyone had any offers from the waitlist yet? still in that anxious panic from the first round of correspondence haha

I haven't. I wish I knew where we were on the waitlist so I could weigh up whether it's an option or not. If I am at the bottom I would just accept my other offer without hesitation 🤣
Original post by LittleRed56
I haven't. I wish I knew where we were on the waitlist so I could weigh up whether it's an option or not. If I am at the bottom I would just accept my other offer without hesitation 🤣

Yeah it sucks not knowing at all

No offers yet although surely they have to start working through the list soon considering most other places will start sending offers
Original post by Jakegausden
No offers yet although surely they have to start working through the list soon considering most other places will start sending offers

Yeah and UCAS says universities have to respond by 16th May which isn't far...
Yeah and UCAS says universities have to respond by 16th May which isn't far...

Isn't it 6th June?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending