The Student Room Group

QMUL Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jetjo123
Access sheff defo does. The cut offs don’t apply. Have you looked at them?

Do you know the cut off for sheffield and if I meet the requirements? I don't want to waste opportunities. And I'm planning to apply to access to sheffield, do you know the deadline for it?
Reply 21
Original post by bshjbdsjsvjdsd
Do you know the cut off for sheffield and if I meet the requirements? I don't want to waste opportunities. And I'm planning to apply to access to sheffield, do you know the deadline for it?

No sorry. I just was at the openday where they said it’s a guaranteed interview and they give you a practise interview at the university too. I didn’t write any of that down bc I’m just standard. You could google it as should be advertised. I’d call them asap tomorrow to ask. It’s getting late for e-mails. Leeds I think you need two things to qualify.
No sorry. I just was at the openday where they said it’s a guaranteed interview and they give you a practise interview at the university too. I didn’t write any of that down bc I’m just standard. You could google it as should be advertised. I’d call them asap tomorrow to ask. It’s getting late for e-mails. Leeds I think you need two things to qualify.

is the guaranteed interview at sheffield or leeds? I'll be planning to give them a call tomorrow thanks. Also for access+ sheffield, am I eligible if I'm currently taking a gap year?
Reply 23
is the guaranteed interview at sheffield or leeds? I'll be planning to give them a call tomorrow thanks. Also for access+ sheffield, am I eligible if I'm currently taking a gap year?

Sheffield. I’ve done a quick google search and it looks like you need to be year 12/13 and live nearby.
Reply 24
Original post by toothysmile
thanks jetjo

Birmingham places a lot more emphasis on contextual (15-25% of total score available - unclear- of scoring pre-int and post int selection) so having a contextual flag does put you at an advantage compared to other applicants. As for Man I think they have less emphasis on context (not as much as Bham) - please double check this though. If both are the same cut off then I'd take a gamble and apply to Bham (also they have wayyy nicer facilities than Man and the course is sm better, Man has one lecture a week!)

Hey, would you happen to know where I can find the contextual scoring / flags for Birmingham, I couldn’t seem to find them whenever I was looking. Thanks a lot.
Sheffield. I’ve done a quick google search and it looks like you need to be year 12/13 and live nearby.

That's a shame, should i still apply to sheffield? As I'm still WP but I'm not too sure if It'd be risky with my ucat
Reply 26
That's a shame, should i still apply to sheffield? As I'm still WP but I'm not too sure if It'd be risky with my ucat

People say they got offers lower than yours last year. One was 2600. But someone published a cut off of 2850 which confused things. If you’re contextual - you’d get a good shot a most places.
People say they got offers lower than yours last year. One was 2600. But someone published a cut off of 2850 which confused things. If you’re contextual - you’d get a good shot a most places.

thanks for your help, and i sure hope the cut off wasn't 2850 :frown:
Reply 28
thanks for your help, and i sure hope the cut off wasn't 2850 :frown:

Same. But it’s put me off applying. The other thing is VR was my worst and they look at the VR score. Best of luck!
Same. But it’s put me off applying. The other thing is VR was my worst and they look at the VR score. Best of luck!

damn my VR was also really bad..
Reply 30

I believe they only use VR in a tie-breaker situation when 2 candidates are the same. As for the 2850 cutoff I think the UKCAT people just posted the wrong info that was meant for medicine.
Original post by Ibbethy
Hey, would you happen to know where I can find the contextual scoring / flags for Birmingham, I couldn’t seem to find them whenever I was looking. Thanks a lot.

They said at an open day talk, that's why I can't remember exact figures, I've also seen it on some websites but again don't have them... It would be worth phoning up the university to ask.
Reply 32
anyone know if mmieasyprep is good mmi course for dentistry mmis. Or any other? I'm really stressing about preparation lol.
Reply 33
Hey, I got a ucat of 2830 band 2
With Alevels A*AA,
Do you think it will be fine to apply here?
Reply 34
Original post by zakata
Hey, I got a ucat of 2830 band 2
With Alevels A*AA,
Do you think it will be fine to apply here?

Yeah you should be safe for an interview.
Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well 🥰, with the UCAS deadline approaching why not check out the new 2024 entry Dentistry A200 / A201 fastest and slowest offer senders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7409162

And post your own application journey?
how about if i already achieved my Alevels and my gcse is 9999988877 and my ucat is 2720 b2, but I'm a WP?

I also have achieved A levels of A*AA , gcses are 99999977786 and ucat is 2720 b1 but not WP. Do u reckon i can get an interview
Reply 37
Original post by Ahmetask38
I also have achieved A levels of A*AA , gcses are 99999977786 and ucat is 2720 b1 but not WP. Do u reckon i can get an interview

I think so yeah, they really prefer achieved grades over predicted and ur UCAT seems safe, so you defo have a decent chance.
Original post by Ibbethy
I think so yeah, they really prefer achieved grades over predicted and ur UCAT seems safe, so you defo have a decent chance.

thanks for the motivation. Makes a bit more hopeful
Hi,
I'm applying here from London,
My gcses are 99888888777 and my A level predicted is A*AA
i got 2730 band 3 in my ucat
I think I have a pretty good personal statement and I'm non-contextual
Do you guys think I have a chance of getting an interview??
appreciate the time

Quick Reply

Latest