The Student Room Group

QMUL Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bluemuffins989
nah don't worry, no news is still good news atp😭

ty man appreciate it although I can't lie it's looking bare long for me 💀
Original post by Bluemuffins989
Just got rejected. Ucat 2720 band 2. Predicted A*A*A*. non-contextual. Do u think it was bc my ucat was too low? It probs didn't meet the cut off I'm guessing.

nooo im doneee 😭😭😭 hopefully my contextual saves me i got 2730 b2 omg
Original post by briocheloaf
nooo im doneee 😭😭😭 hopefully my contextual saves me i got 2730 b2 omg

nah I got 2 A* and an A and 2770 B2 with a contextual offer and just got rejected
A* A A predicted 2730
Just got an interview............

Nah just joking i got rejected wooo 😔
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Iluvshawarmak
nah I got 2 A* and an A and 2770 B2 with a contextual offer and just got rejected

NO IM FINISHED NOW 💔💔 sorry about your rejection tho hope other unis give you offers !
Original post by Nightshäde
A* A A predicted 2730
Just got an interview............

Nah just joking i got rejected wooo 😔

omg nooooo :frown:( i’m waiting on mine now 🥲

but I acc dk wat requirements they r looking for like achieving 2700+ in ur ucat is high compared to the average

feeeeels baaaad, Im praying for KCL or liverpool now but idk if the 2730 will get me in 😭
I wish u all the best as well although the other contextual guy got finished with 2770 so its kinda peak but we move
I think the cutoff was definitely 2800 or above because 2760 b2 didn't get me in and with 3A* 1A predicted. Their cut off was ridiculous this year.
basically queen mary is becoming bristol kinda at this point except you also need A* AA predicted instead of AAA, sooooo long
Original post by Nightshäde
feeeeels baaaad, Im praying for KCL or liverpool now but idk if the 2730 will get me in 😭
I wish u all the best as well although the other contextual guy got finished with 2770 so its kinda peak but we move

praying on kcl for us🤞🏽🤞🏽
praying on kcl for us🤞🏽🤞🏽

frrrr get me into kcl I don't wanna leave london allow 😭
Original post by Ahmetask38
How can there be interviews in feb when they only give a 2 week notice for interview and all ints are sent this month

Hi I’m a gap year student , last year I got the dentistry interview on December 11th and my interview was scheduled for the 24th January so they gave me a lot of time to prepare. Also they send the article to you two weeks exactly before your interview.
Hope this helps.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 73
ugh this is not good at all. no interview from any uni yet, im probably rejected from qmul and leeds for sure.
Reply 74
Original post by Iluvshawarmak

what were your gcses.
Hi everyone, heres what my dental application has been like so far...it doesnt end well.
I'm currently gap year student who is Re-applying to dentistry this year. Last year I got all 4 rejections (which i assume is because of my UCAT😭😭). I absolutely hate that exam because I worked extremely hard for it throughout the summer after year 12...only to end up with a score of 2460 and B3. I have no idea why I thought i still had a chance of getting in. Ended up getting all rejections and had severe mental breakdowns for months because I couldn't process the feeling of rejection. I've always done really well academically and its the first time i had felt like an absolute failure.
I got 7A*s and 2As in my GCSEs so i thought i would easily ace the UCAT...turns out it doesn't matter how well you do in your academics, the UCAT is nothing like that.
Anyways, i decided to just fully concentrate on my A levels after my rejections because i was confident i would get the grades. I ended up getting 2A*s and 1A. Was extremely happy and then decide to reapply for dentistry. That meant having to take the UCAT again. Even though i had severe PTSD from the first time, i pushed myself to go for it again and was hoping to improve. Again, I worked all summer for it and spent hours and hours into making sure I would stay calm under the time pressure, and was doing fairly well in mocks. Exam day came and.....well, i thought the exam was going well and was confident I would come out with a better score.
That was not was happened😭
I ended up getting 2520 and a B2.
i was devastated! even though i did better than last time, i knew it wasn't enough and i was aiming for at least a 2700.
This just went to show that there are certain types of exams made for certain types of people. The UCAT was definitely not made for me...i cant handle the severe time pressure like others can. But when it comes to academic exams, I do really well because i guess I just know what to expect.
Anyways, I knew for a fact that it was dentistry that i wanted to pursue and even with my UCAT score, I was hoping my good grades and all my work experiences and personal statement could somehow get me through again....I didnt want to give up...i knew i had to keep trying.
So, yeh i applied again this year to Leeds, Liverpool, QMUL and QUB.
im not gonna lie, Ive had several panic attacks at random days when i think about the outcome, but im trying my best to stay optimistic.
Up until, well....today.
I got rejected from QMUL. its my first rejection so far, and I had the most hope from this university. Im just extremely stressed out i wont get in again and have no motivation of taking a second gap year😭

To conclude i just wanna say, being a very academic person, getting good grades all my life, being top of the class most years, being confident I would easily get into university, and having the rest of the world tell me that im going to go far in life...i feel like Ive hit rock bottom now because i havent lived up to my expectations and the future i wanted for myself.
its hard.
Original post by abbyabby123
Hi everyone, heres what my dental application has been like so far...it doesnt end well.
I'm currently gap year student who is Re-applying to dentistry this year. Last year I got all 4 rejections (which i assume is because of my UCAT😭😭). I absolutely hate that exam because I worked extremely hard for it throughout the summer after year 12...only to end up with a score of 2460 and B3. I have no idea why I thought i still had a chance of getting in. Ended up getting all rejections and had severe mental breakdowns for months because I couldn't process the feeling of rejection. I've always done really well academically and its the first time i had felt like an absolute failure.
I got 7A*s and 2As in my GCSEs so i thought i would easily ace the UCAT...turns out it doesn't matter how well you do in your academics, the UCAT is nothing like that.
Anyways, i decided to just fully concentrate on my A levels after my rejections because i was confident i would get the grades. I ended up getting 2A*s and 1A. Was extremely happy and then decide to reapply for dentistry. That meant having to take the UCAT again. Even though i had severe PTSD from the first time, i pushed myself to go for it again and was hoping to improve. Again, I worked all summer for it and spent hours and hours into making sure I would stay calm under the time pressure, and was doing fairly well in mocks. Exam day came and.....well, i thought the exam was going well and was confident I would come out with a better score.
i was devastated! even though i did better than last time, i knew it wasn't enough and i was aiming for at least a 2700.
This just went to show that there are certain types of exams made for certain types of people. The UCAT was definitely not made for me...i cant handle the severe time pressure like others can. But when it comes to academic exams, I do really well because i guess I just know what to expect.
Anyways, I knew for a fact that it was dentistry that i wanted to pursue and even with my UCAT score, I was hoping my good grades and all my work experiences and personal statement could somehow get me through again....I didnt want to give up...i knew i had to keep trying.
im not gonna lie, Ive had several panic attacks at random days when i think about the outcome, but im trying my best to stay optimistic.
Up until, well....today.
I got rejected from QMUL. its my first rejection so far, and I had the most hope from this university. Im just extremely stressed out i wont get in again and have no motivation of taking a second gap year😭

To conclude i just wanna say, being a very academic person, getting good grades all my life, being top of the class most years, being confident I would easily get into university, and having the rest of the world tell me that im going to go far in life...i feel like Ive hit rock bottom now because i havent lived up to my expectations and the future i wanted for myself.
its hard.

keep grinding dont give up, use ur fifth option if u need to and hopefully u get to good places dont feel
sad im sure there r people in worse situations👍👍
Up until, well....today.

its hard.

Welcome to the club mate!
I am PhD student this is my 6th attempth and we got the same ucat score (2520 band 2).
I got rejected from leeds and glasgow and got interviews for dundee and aberdeen.
Wishing you all the best and keep fighting. We will get through this. :smile:
Guys where do u see the rejections? Does ucas send an email to you or did you check ucas yourself
Reply 79
Up until, well....today.

its hard.

Don’t be sad and don’t give up. Be proud of your academic grades. They’re amazing! You have determination and resilience and these are qualities that will make you a great dentist - I hope you get an interview!

Quick Reply

Latest