The Student Room Group

Plymouth Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by dam22
Hey guys, whats the Plymouth teaching style?

Spiral teaching - basically they start off with the basics in early years and then in the following years they build on your previous knowledge. And they use enquiry based learning (EBL) but i’m not 100% sure on exactly what it is. I know u have to work in groups and u work together to unpick a scenario or question but defo doublecheck first 👍🏼
if anyone has had an interview so far, do they send the manual dexterity task 1 or 2 days before the interview?
Reply 82
does anyone know if there are role plays in the interview this year?
Original post by skashy
does anyone know if there are role plays in the interview this year?

No I emailed them and they said there won't be role plays this year
Anyone who has had their dentistry interview, how was it? Not asking for questions but just asking what the vibe was :smile:
Reply 85
I know Plymouth use a spiral learning approach, but do they use EBL or PBL? I’m hearing different things from different people
Reply 86
Original post by Zzzxo
I know Plymouth use a spiral learning approach, but do they use EBL or PBL? I’m hearing different things from different people

Went to the open day in September and they said it was EBL but it might have changed since then? it might say on their website
Reply 87
Original post by Stevedowen
Anyone who has had their dentistry interview, how was it? Not asking for questions but just asking what the vibe was :smile:

They were really friendly, and they tried to make u feel as comfortable as possible. They want to see what you’re fully capable of without the pressure of an intimidating interviewer x
Reply 88
Original post by farah_05
Went to the open day in September and they said it was EBL but it might have changed since then? it might say on their website

Is EBL enquiry based learning or evidence based learning? seeing different things online
Original post by Stevedowen
No I emailed them and they said there won't be role plays this year

does anyone know if personal statement be a talking point during the interview?
Reply 90
They were really friendly, and they tried to make u feel as comfortable as possible. They want to see what you’re fully capable of without the pressure of an intimidating interviewer x

do they ask you to show them around the room before you do your interview?
Reply 91
Original post by skashy

Is EBL enquiry based learning or evidence based learning? seeing different things online

Enquiry
Reply 92
Original post by Zzzxo

do they ask you to show them around the room before you do your interview?

No but obvs just make sure your room is empty and CHECK YOUR WIFI!! mine cut out halfway through and it’s no biggie bc as long as u tell them, they’ll just redo the station but for u, it would have disrupted the flow of things. if it does happen, stay calm bc they’ll sort it all out. no harm in checking your WiFi beforehand
Reply 93
Enquiry

Can you explain what this is a little

hey, when did you receive your manual dexterity task? :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by amberpurba
hey, when did you receive your manual dexterity task? :smile:

My interviews today and I got it two days before
Original post by Del126373
My interviews today and I got it two days before

okay thank you, goodluck for your interview!
Reply 97
Original post by amberpurba
okay thank you, goodluck for your interview!

Thank youu❤️❤️
Reply 98
Does Plymouth have a hot topics/dental knowledge station?
Reply 99
For those that have had their interview, do they give you reading time and do you get to see the questions or do they just say them out loud straight away?

Quick Reply

Latest