The Student Room Group

how do people actually get into relationships

i’m 17, never had a relationship. My sixth-form is mixed but i don’t like anyone in it, or outside of it for that matter. Nearly every girl i know has a boyfriend or some type of crush and i don’t have anything. i know it’s not a big deal but i feel like i’m missing out on the whole teenage romance or just romance in general. idk if i’m ugly, i mean i do feel pretty confident but sometimes the inverted filter makes me have a harsh reality check. I do get compliments on my looks and personality so idk what i’m doing wrong. my friends seem just seem to naturally have an easy relationship with any guy but i never seem to. it does take me some time to warm up to someone but idk, how do i meet someone lol
Well if you don't like anyone inside or outside your sixth-form then its good that you're single, best not to date people you're not actually attracted to. You'll meet tons of new people when uni comes around so don't worry about it. 'teenage romance' sucked for me and now I'm refusing to date simply because I understand I am too immature attachment wise. Your time will come around, don't worry about it
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
i’m 17, never had a relationship. My sixth-form is mixed but i don’t like anyone in it, or outside of it for that matter. Nearly every girl i know has a boyfriend or some type of crush and i don’t have anything. i know it’s not a big deal but i feel like i’m missing out on the whole teenage romance or just romance in general. idk if i’m ugly, i mean i do feel pretty confident but sometimes the inverted filter makes me have a harsh reality check. I do get compliments on my looks and personality so idk what i’m doing wrong. my friends seem just seem to naturally have an easy relationship with any guy but i never seem to. it does take me some time to warm up to someone but idk, how do i meet someone lol

im 18 and have never dated. it got me down for a while and i also felt i was 'missing out', all my friends had dated at least once. but 17 is a bad time to start generally, because everyone leaves sixth form and goes their separate ways and chances are any relationship you started won't last. teenage 'romance' is highly overrated from what i have heard. i would wait until after school if i were you - if you go to uni it is likely that there will be loads more nice interesting people who are interested in you simply because theres just more people and more different people :smile:
Wait till your 18 you will have more opportunity e.g. dating apps, allowed to go in clubs etc. good opportunities to meet boys.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending