The Student Room Group

NEA 1 Food Preparation & Nutrition Help

Hi, if anyone is doing Root Vegetables for the NEA1 Food Tech coursework please let me know as I do not know how to do it and my teacher has just refused to help me. Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by gsimrun
Hi, if anyone is doing Root Vegetables for the NEA1 Food Tech coursework please let me know as I do not know how to do it and my teacher has just refused to help me. Thank you.

I did this coursework last year but I did mine on what thickens sauce. My teacher also refused to help me and I only got 18/40 on that NEA. But I don't think I put much effort into the coursework tbf but one thing I would say is look in the food and nutrition textbooks on the coursework section as they might provide examples of how to do it and how to set it out if your teacher refuses to help. I did that for my second NEA where you cook a meal and did much better in that piece of coursework. From knowledge, people tend to do better in the 2nd NEA than the first NEA. Don't stress if the first NEA isn't as high as you expected. The second NEA and the exam should make up for it. I got a B (6) in the GCSE because the exam was alright and my 2nd NEA result was good.
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your help! For the textbook did you use CGP Revision Guide or the AQA Approved?
Reply 3
Original post by gsimrun
Thank you so much for your help! For the textbook did you use CGP Revision Guide or the AQA Approved?

I used the CGP Revision Guide and no problem :smile:
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 4
The reason why your teacher refused to help is that they aren't allowed to. They are supposed to be your assessors so they can't help even if they wanted to :smile:

BUT here are some handy links for your coursework!!!

SUPPORT BOOKLET:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1d7dm5PCLLkFQEpXfm1CJd1M-L6bl6tMXJVT1H108Yn4/edit?usp=sharing

RESOURCES:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17UBH1qCc2zOczo6JPUH4hYOSTPN8GYIwsdsJHUNvsFI/edit?usp=sharing

Quick Reply

Latest