The Student Room Group

Ocr alevel history coursework

Hi everyone! I’m doing my history coursework on “to what extent was Charles I to blame for the problems he experienced during his rule”. I had written it all (minus historians), but got told to rewrite the entire thing. I have no idea what to do! Does anyone have any examples of coursework? The one online just wasn’t helpful to me, any help would be so appreciated!
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 1
You have to find books about Charles I and his problem during his reign and find certain books which blame him for the problems and some which blame other factors. Then you need primary sources (letters, diaries etc) which either support or challenge the Historian.
Reply 2
Original post by WilfredTC
You have to find books about Charles I and his problem during his reign and find certain books which blame him for the problems and some which blame other factors. Then you need primary sources (letters, diaries etc) which either support or challenge the Historian.

Thank you! I think I have found a good structure now, I’m starting to add primary and secondary sources. Thansk for replying! :smile:
Original post by daisy11111
Thank you! I think I have found a good structure now, I’m starting to add primary and secondary sources. Thansk for replying! :smile:

go to Amazon or google books, look for books written by academics (not A-level textbooks) and read the introductions.

Academics tend to give a good overview of the historiography of the subject in the introduction. It's a gold mine for an NEA ..............but not many students know that.
Reply 4
Original post by history tutor
go to Amazon or google books, look for books written by academics (not A-level textbooks) and read the introductions.

Academics tend to give a good overview of the historiography of the subject in the introduction. It's a gold mine for an NEA ..............but not many students know that.

Thank you I will definitely have a look at that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending