The Student Room Group

GCSE Food tech coursework

I was wondering for AQA GCSE food preparation and nutrition coursework do you need to have your time plan in the coursework or do they not need it?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by GabriellaMontez
I was wondering for AQA GCSE food preparation and nutrition coursework do you need to have your time plan in the coursework or do they not need it?

Yes you should have it included and completed before you do your exam dishes
Heyy! I am going into year 11 in september and was wondering how to get top marks on the NEA 1 task. My teacher gave the entire class 3s and 4s in the mock NEA1 task and so I am really worried.
Original post by vars an
Heyy! I am going into year 11 in september and was wondering how to get top marks on the NEA 1 task. My teacher gave the entire class 3s and 4s in the mock NEA1 task and so I am really worried.

Ive just been given the tasks i got a grade 6 in my mock and aiming for an 8 so am also worried and i dont really understand it but i watched a video that said to analyse the brief then do research based on questions from the breif. For example i anaylsed the brief for the biscuit one this year and wrote what is a biscuit definition so that will be part of my research and then i wrote functional properties of a biscuit so ill talk about dextrinisation as that is a functional property. Sorry this is really badly explained. Are you doing biscuits too? In your research use both primary and secondary also
I'm doing bread, my teacher made all of us do bread. how would you include secondary research though?
Primary data is like from textbooks and stuff and then secondary data is from websites I think
I'm also doing the bread one this year :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Kieram07
Anyone doing NEA2 about dietary fibre? I think it’s such a bad task I wanted like an occasion or something not this! Anyway anyone know what to write about and what dishes to make?

i am making lasagne i was like you but now i understand it is easier because you can write how much fibre us in your dish, what are you making?
Original post by username5883514

Hi im a year 12 student and I just finished my gcse and i did aqa food and nutrition. dw about your mock grade because for my mocks i got a 6 as well but ended up with an 8 because of my NEA1 and NEA2 and then the written exam. I'm not sure what your teacher has asked u to do but for my NEA1 i got 27/30 but that came with a lot of time and effort but do not tire yourself doing the primary and secondary research when you write up your findings. I believe I may have a copy of my NEA1 coursework if u would like to see it 🙂 good luck to ur exams this year :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by ellothere000
Hi im a year 12 student and I just finished my gcse and i did aqa food and nutrition. dw about your mock grade because for my mocks i got a 6 as well but ended up with an 8 because of my NEA1 and NEA2 and then the written exam. I'm not sure what your teacher has asked u to do but for my NEA1 i got 27/30 but that came with a lot of time and effort but do not tire yourself doing the primary and secondary research when you write up your findings. I believe I may have a copy of my NEA1 coursework if u would like to see it 🙂 good luck to ur exams this year :smile:

yes please can i have a copy to see the structure
Original post by shellyy1
yes please can i have a copy to see the structure

Sorry for the late reply but I'll send it to you right now. 🙂
Reply 11

Okay tyy
Hi please may I see the structure too if that's okay 🙂 as I have done my NEA 1 but want to see if the layout and structure is good for high marks as I'm aiming for 25-30 on it as I spent a lot of time 🙂 if that's okay
Reply 13
Original post by Icantchoose
Hi please may I see the structure too if that's okay 🙂 as I have done my NEA 1 but want to see if the layout and structure is good for high marks as I'm aiming for 25-30 on it as I spent a lot of time 🙂 if that's okay
same please
Reply 14
can i have it to

Quick Reply

Latest