The Student Room Group

Proof of inability to work

I’m 25 and currently in the process of applying for 23/24 student finance. This is my first year so I’m not quite sure how it all works. I’m not currently working, I was on ESA before I was moved over to Universal Credit and get the disability premium from them as I have been classed as low capacity for work and work related activity. After filling out my student finance application I was asked to upload proof that I have been classed as unable to work for at least 28 weeks. Since Universal Credit only communicates online I don’t have a letter or anything from them confirming my status, so I just uploaded screenshots of my statements on my UC account which show I have been classed as low capacity for work - one from last month, and one from last year. Is this adequate proof? If not, what can I provide instead?
Original post by riverquinns
I’m 25 and currently in the process of applying for 23/24 student finance. This is my first year so I’m not quite sure how it all works. I’m not currently working, I was on ESA before I was moved over to Universal Credit and get the disability premium from them as I have been classed as low capacity for work and work related activity. After filling out my student finance application I was asked to upload proof that I have been classed as unable to work for at least 28 weeks. Since Universal Credit only communicates online I don’t have a letter or anything from them confirming my status, so I just uploaded screenshots of my statements on my UC account which show I have been classed as low capacity for work - one from last month, and one from last year. Is this adequate proof? If not, what can I provide instead?

Hi there,

That kind of proof is normally fine, yes, though it's up to the assessors to make the final decision. We're currently processing evidence in 17 working days, and the assessors will let you know if they need any further details, rest assured.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

That kind of proof is normally fine, yes, though it's up to the assessors to make the final decision. We're currently processing evidence in 17 working days, and the assessors will let you know if they need any further details, rest assured.

Thanks, Graeme

I’ve just had an email that this is not sufficient evidence, but I don’t have anything else I can provide - not sure what to do from here?
Original post by riverquinns
I’ve just had an email that this is not sufficient evidence, but I don’t have anything else I can provide - not sure what to do from here?

Can you please clarify what you're looking to get from this evidence?

It's not something we normally ask for, for example are you trying to get a higher Maintenance Loan or DSA?

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending