The Student Room Group

Help! Uni student in need!!!

Ok so I have been retaking my first year of my uni degree which is Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation after failing my exams last year, I failed the same ones and realized that I don't want to do this anymore and I want to work in the job I have now (retail) to find out what I want to do for the rest of my life. I signed a new contract when I moved in to the place I live in now which is a private rent student house as it was cheap rent all bills included... Now I will need to move out but have been told that I aswell as my housemates are responsible for finding a new person to live in the room I am in now... and if I don't will probably have to pay half rent on top of the rent I hopefully the new house I will be moving into leaving me with next to no money after I have payed the bills. As I have signed the contract to say I was going to live there until June 2024, can I ask my landlord if I can stay where I am living now and still pay rent just have to pay council tax on top???
Original post by chloetaylor2002
Ok so I have been retaking my first year of my uni degree which is Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation after failing my exams last year, I failed the same ones and realized that I don't want to do this anymore and I want to work in the job I have now (retail) to find out what I want to do for the rest of my life. I signed a new contract when I moved in to the place I live in now which is a private rent student house as it was cheap rent all bills included... Now I will need to move out but have been told that I aswell as my housemates are responsible for finding a new person to live in the room I am in now... and if I don't will probably have to pay half rent on top of the rent I hopefully the new house I will be moving into leaving me with next to no money after I have payed the bills. As I have signed the contract to say I was going to live there until June 2024, can I ask my landlord if I can stay where I am living now and still pay rent just have to pay council tax on top???

Yes, you can ask your landlord that. They may not be bothered at all whether you are a student or not - as long as your pay the rent. Alternatively, there may be some reason why they'll only rent to students (although for a privately rented house, I can't imagine what that might be), in which case they'd simply let you know that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending