The Student Room Group

What do I have to do for uni before September?

I just finished first year of uni and I don’t know what I have to do for next year. Do I have to re-enroll? Like, is there something I need to do that’s like that? I don't know anyone in my close family who's gone to uni and my uni hasn't told us anything about what to do before second year
Make sure you have a place to live and yes, sometimes there is a catch 22 situation where student finance don't release your tuition fee till you enroll but the uni won't enroll you without the tuition. So yes fill out student finance and then ring the uni if it doesn't let yoy automatically enroll as they may ask you to go in manually to do it. I had to do this for my 2nd and 4th years.
Original post by Anonymous
I just finished first year of uni and I don’t know what I have to do for next year. Do I have to re-enroll? Like, is there something I need to do that’s like that? I don't know anyone in my close family who's gone to uni and my uni hasn't told us anything about what to do before second year

Hi,
It varies between universities but at least at Lancaster you do have to re-enrol as a student and update information such as your term-time address. Your university should get in contact with you, perhaps via email or a student portal to explain how to do this. If you're not sure on whether you have to do anything to re-enrol I'd recommend getting in contact with your university to confirm.
Hope this helps,
Becky (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Hi,

From my experience with my university, I completed student finance over the summer for my 2nd year and then in the beginning of September I got an email of my university asking me to re-enrol. This will then mean that by the time I started university my student finance was sorted and could be released to my account. Usually while completing the re-enrolment you will update contact details, term time address for example.

Maybe check on your universities website if there is anything on re-enrolment as with Edge Hill they have a web page detailing enrolment for new students and current students.

Hope that helps!:smile:

Rebecca
2nd Year Geoenvironmental Hazards Student

Yes you'll get an email from uni asking you to re-enrol and then your timetable etc will follow :smile:

Hi there,
As the other posters have said, it does vary depending on the university but its likely that you will need to re-enrol. Aside from the formalities, there's plenty that you can do to prepare yourself for second year. Make a note of any course reading, take a look at what modules are available to choose from (where applicable) and if you haven't already, make sure you find accommodation that's right for you!

Hope this helps!

- Sophie
Hi,

You will have to re apply for student finance and most universities will email you to enroll onto your next year. if you are unsure give your tutor an email and they will be able to explain everything to you.

Victoria
-Wrexham Uni Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending