The Student Room Group

Foundation years in uk - psychology

I want to apply for a foundation year for psychology in King’s college London. There are a few pathways which lead to BSc psychology( Biology and chemistry) and ( Business management and Math), but I’m not sure which one to take.
I’m currently taking bio, math, and chem in AS-level but I don’t want to compete my A-levels. I can’t imagine studying chem and bio for another year😣 tho I have never taken any courses in business management so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to do well.

Which one do you guys suggest is easier?
If you have completed a foundation year for pysch in any other uni, would you please share your experience with me.
(edited 6 months ago)
Hi there,

I assume you know but just in case, these two options require you to be an international student. Having gotten that out of the way...

I don't see why you'd want to do this. You can apply to do Psychology with this set of A levels, so why not finish your A levels? I took a look at these programmes and it seems they do accept people on the basis of AS levels, but that is a very weird thing to do so I'd message KCL for clarification. Even if they do... why? It'd be much cheaper to just finish your A levels and you'll probably be more prepared for university. I'm also a bit concerned by the fact you don't want to finish your Biology A level. Biology crops up a lot in Psychology, so even if you don't like it, it's in your best interest to see it through, particularly because if memory serves me right, all the brain stuff in A levels is taught in year 13! And if you do decide to go do these foundation year things anyway, I think the Biology and Chemistry would be the best option that'd prepare you the best for your Psychology degree. Also look at other universities other than King's College, and good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Abrar. A
I want to apply for a foundation year for psychology in King’s college London. There are a few pathways which lead to BSc psychology( Biology and chemistry) and ( Business management and Math), but I’m not sure which one to take.
I’m currently taking bio, math, and chem in AS-level but I don’t want to compete my A-levels. I can’t imagine studying chem and bio for another year😣 tho I have never taken any courses in business management so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to do well.

Which one do you guys suggest is easier?
If you have completed a foundation year for pysch in any other uni, would you please share your experience with me.

If you don't want to study biology and chemistry for another year, why are you considering biology and chemistry foundation courses? Surely it'd be better just to finish your A-Levels.

Quick Reply

Latest